1995 Mantis Flying V - Candy Red with silver/gold flake

Re: Re:

Giom6":21apbcsr said:

Tis ... Though is more or an emulsion colour than I expected. It's red or a deep red orange depending on how the light hits it. Sorta forces a change to the "plan".

Re:

Got some weekend daylight for a pic. You can't see the metallic well but it's pretty sparkly. Its a lot more red in natural light than I first thought which is good, but the red on the Paul RD is more of that flatter red anodizing so it doesn't look right. I'll probably go with a Xtr 950 setup which will match the grey HS22s I have. I could go White Ind for a drivetrain as well but I don't know how the routing would work. I colour matched a Ritchey prolite bar which looks pretty rad with the kooka stem.

Signing on for updates to the finished build!

As always, your application of ideas and attention to detail is inspiring! :cool:

Thanks guys. Some tricky hurdles to overcome but it should be pretty cool when it's all done.

Some more bits ...

Here's the ritchey prolite I had colour matched. I love this ... Fav thing on a build so far :)

Ultimate Machine Magura braces, bullseye pulleys, and I'm going to stick with this pewter Chris King headset. I thought about silver but I think it will pick up the grey better.

mamadirt":3cxaksil said:
:shock: :p Wow!!!!

Cheers :) I am having a lot of fun with this. Totally a dream bike from my youth. I am sure it will never be a BoTM with Maguras and Spins, but I bet it'll be pile of fun on the trail.

It's going to be wild and over the top ... Why not :)

Back