1995 Mantis Flying V - Candy Red with silver/gold flake

Re: 1995 Mantis Flying V - maybe a custom order

Shayne":a5is230f said:
Looks like you got one of the frames that was never finished and then sold years later when the factory/warehouse unloaded whatever they had left hiding in the corners.

It may or may not be missing the brake noodle. I've seen others without one. It's definitly missing the front derailleur cable stop(s) on the frame.

Also the Cunningham era rear cable guide set was likely added later. The correct guide for that "C" frame would have just been 3 simple loops, not the bent tubing.

That's another good possibility. The frame does have what can only be front derailleur stops located on the seat stay. You can't see it in the pics but there is one for a top pull. I should take another pic.

I have seen a few with the Cunningham era guides like this one. All of them had the same 95xxxxxx serial number like this.

Here's one of those sport tech sell off frames you mentioned. Same routing as mine, but no serial number. It's the closest thing I have found to my frame.

Re:

Hi there,

I am not a Mantis expert but I would have to agree with Shayne. Here are a few pics of my Flying V with a serial number of 026 and for a bottom pull derailleur.

Attachments

• IMG_2183 Resize.JPG
    IMG_2183 Resize.JPG
    223.5 KB · Views: 1,524
  • IMG_2185 Resize.JPG
    IMG_2185 Resize.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 1,524
Re: Re:

banshee":1d7pdp89 said:
Hi there,

I am not a Mantis expert but I would have to agree with Shayne. Here are a few pics of my Flying V with a serial number of 026 and for a bottom pull derailleur.

Lovely :)

A little bird gave me some insight on my frame. I have it sorted now.

On to the fun part ... collecting parts and picking a colour :D

this is my HT, serial number 95VPC056, the favorite bike of my son (7 years)

134935.jpg

Now it's so

IMG_7347.JPG

adri.75":2c1tvwsg said:
this is my HT, serial number 95VPC056, the favorite bike of my son (7 years)

134935.jpg

Now it's so

IMG_7347.JPG

I've already had a good look at that ride. Looks awesome :D

Re: 1995 Mantis Flying V - Parts Parts Parts

I've started putting bits together. Should be a pretty wild build. It's going into the powdercoaters next week.

Magura HS22s on the way and I'm hoping to do a pretty wild drivetrain.

NOS Kooka CNC stem is here:

Re:

Frame is in getting redone. Should look pretty wild. Special order colour so it may be a while.

I need to hit the chomers for some bits in the next week or so.

Some more parts I'm debating:

Pretty sure it's Carmaba time crank wise, though I may find something better.

The is option B (Paul) and C (m910) for rear derailleurs. I'm still working on option A and I'm not sure if it will work with the routing I have on the V.

Back