1995 Claud Butler Titanius White Industries FINISHED pg21

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":2w730eeh said:
Yum yum

It’s probably my favourite build

Splatter Paint":2w730eeh said:
That is coming along very nicely. It looks very 90s boutique.

Cheers chaps... just a few more bits to go, some already here but in quarantine in that there Heathrow..

Re: 1995 Claud Butler Titanius White Industries BUILD starts pg6

Progress with the Titanius… well really it’s as good as finished…

One little tweak I wanted to do was to replace the 5mm “E” clips with neater “C” clips, I eventually found these from Modelfixings at a descent price, much tidier I think. ;)
IMG_6491.jpg

And of course the last big job was to run the cable for the front mech via the White Industries supplied BB route guide, but I had something I wanted to try out first..
Namely the fitting of a Limbo spider.. I was first brought to the attention of their existence by Swede in his WI grupo thread, I wasn’t sure that it would work with the XTR front derailleur so hesitated in buying the one that had been on eBay for about a year..
s-l1600.jpg

That is until I came across a Suntour Microlight Procompe 22t cog designed for the Suntour ‘A’ system cassette/freewheel. The WI spider had been designed specifically to accommodate cogs from this system, so..nothing ventured & all that…
s-l1600 (1).jpg

Swede will be glad to know it fits perfectly and works well, although I won’t be going up any near vertical climbs with it anytime soon! IMG_6489.jpg IMG_6488.jpg IMG_6487.jpg

Last edited:
Re:

If you worked at the For the Company back in the day, Claud Butler may have got a lot more credibility than they did.

You certainly got vision... :cool:

sinnerman:2zdzg4k7 said:
If you worked at the For the Company back in the day, Claud Butler may have got a lot more credibility than they did.

You certainly got vision... :cool:

Cheers sinnerman,
Someone certainly made a bad call in the early 90’s churning out average bikes at over-inflated prices… IMO it all went rapidly downhill after that… :roll:

Ok, so front derailleur cabling, as I mentioned before I came to the decision that the neatest solution forme, was to send the rear over the top (referenced as route A) and the front to go via the BB (route B), this utilises the supplied WI BB guide and a clamp on double cable stop from the American company Origin-8. :cool: IMG_6501.jpg IMG_6499.jpg IMG_6497.jpg IMG_6498.jpg

Last edited:
Re:

Shinier than Mr.Sheens living room after a good shining :D

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpwk76C7s7Y[/youtube]

Re:

Just caught up...

Okay so what's it like? How does it shift? Is it noticeably different?

Swede":1gb8iteu said:
Just caught up...

Okay so what's it like? How does it shift? Is it noticeably different?

Only had a quick pedal up & down the street so far, the rear shift is sublime..... so smooth and direct. I found this actually very easy to set up accurately with chain off as the derailleur cage tensioning spring is designed to be un-clipped.

The front however... nothing special, no real surprise there as it’s just a Heath Robinson fix attached to a Shimano mech… the spider with 22t probably doesn’t help.. but having used a Gripshift with a M950 mech before I must admit Gripshift/Sram got it sussed..

last few bits are;
A pair of ATI grips to match the shifters
And I want to hunt down a pair of the one-key crank bolt caps

Amazing build. Really appreciate your efforts here, wonderful thread

xxnick1975":10akjl2a said:
Amazing build. Really appreciate your efforts here, wonderful thread

Cheers Nick

Back