1995 Claud Butler Titanius White Industries FINISHED pg21

Re: 1995 Claud Butler Titanius White Industries BUILD starts pg6

Cable time…
I’ve tried a couple of dry runs.. first all the cables over the top, but I didn’t like it.
Yes I know one of the iconic things about the LMDS system is having a “guitar string” 5 cable run on the top tube, but TBH I think it looks ungainly..
So, I’ve made up my mind to service the rear derailleur via the top tube stops and the front via the under BB bolt on guide and down tube strap on…

First job, some surgery as I need to make & tap a 5mm hole in the BB shell.
IMG_6319.jpg IMG_6321.jpg

That done, it’s onto the cabling…..
Lots of fun here trying to get the smoothest looking run… the result I’m very happy with.
IMG_6335.jpg IMG_6336.jpg IMG_6338.jpg IMG_6339.jpg

No real problems, although a word of caution to anyone thinking of cabling up their precious LMDS that’s been sitting in a box for years… The cable is very soft and flexible and although I have some very sharp Parktool cutters, even they couldn’t cut this cable without it flaring just a tiny bit. A dot of fine superglue soon sorted that though.

Last edited:

Nice job on the cabling - the amount of builds I see with too much outter which creates a loop that drops to low rather than just flowing into the frame cable stops/holders

Attachments

• IMG_6335 (1).jpg
    IMG_6335 (1).jpg
    908.1 KB · Views: 392

Nice job on the cabling - the amount of builds I see with a centimetre too much outter which in turn creates a baggy loop that drops to low rather than just flowing into the frame cable stops/holders

Attachments

• IMG_6335 (1).jpg
    IMG_6335 (1).jpg
    908.1 KB · Views: 390

whats going to hold the front mech cable routed via the bb

is that what you bought that clamp for ?

Retro Spud":3knnodji said:
whats going to hold the front mech cable routed via the bb

is that what you bought that clamp for ?

Yes, I wanted a silver Origin8, but I could only find one in the states, and they wanted £10 + £30 for shipping by the end of July.
So I went for a repro from the Far East at £8 + £2 shipping, unfortunately also delivery at the end of July... :(

The History Man":1sbwhyr5 said:

Easily done if building from your parts bin..

I bought some pedals online on the 5th of April..... just payed the import duty today.... should see them Monday, that’s a 10 week wait.

Three boxes ticked today; :cool:
1. XC 600 stickers (cheers Spud)
2. Dura-Ace chain CN7701 fitted
3. Used but tidy White Industries Urban Platform pedals IMG_6378.jpg IMG_6374.jpg IMG_6375.jpg IMG_6377.jpg

Last edited:

Yum yum

It’s probably my favourite build

Back