1995 Claud Butler Titanius White Industries FINISHED pg21

Re:

I checked my set this morning and I have six as well.

How difficult would it be to fabricate another stop? Option A look neater...

The AMP frame I plan to use has bolt-on stops and some internal routing, so there'll be five cables running up & down the down tube - a bit like a guitar fret.

This picture only has three as the front mech doesn't use the Spooler and the rear brake is a caliper (not a disc) but I think you get the idea?

Attachments

• IMG_7296.JPG
    IMG_7296.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_7309.JPG
    IMG_7309.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 324
Re: 1995 Claud Butler Titanius White Industries BUILD starts pg6

Peachy!":270mw10k said:
The History Man":270mw10k said:
But why is it better than one? Seems over complicated and unnecessary to me.

Nurse Ratchet is on his tea break.

I’m confused by your question Dave, who said anything about one being better than the other?

If you mean why is the LMDS system better than what everyone else went on to adopt, the answer is... it isn’t :roll:

But that’s not the point of this build... this is silly shiny for the sake of silly shiny... :p
I have nothing but admiration for the build. It was for my own benefit that i asked having not seen this system before. Does it provide a positive pull in both directions leading to quicker shifting perhaps? The spring return on a well set up single cable seems ok but not very rapid on the rear. I like weird.

The History Man":zhoi29fk said:
I have nothing but admiration for the build. It was for my own benefit that i asked having not seen this system before. Does it provide a positive pull in both directions leading to quicker shifting perhaps? The spring return on a well set up single cable seems ok but not very rapid on the rear. I like weird.

No offence taken Mss Ratchet..

From all accounts of people using this system it worked beautifully (When set-up correctly) I think a number of reasons combined to leave it behind, such as the thin cable required to get around the bends stretching too easily, requiring it to be changed regularly. Add to that an abundance of tiny Allen screws.. the “guitar string” look of the cabling, the costs etc.

I do wonder though if a clever engineer could make it work with pneumatics? That would be cool :cool:

Hydraulic would be better or even repurposing Di2

You'd be in Shimano Airlines territory

legrandefromage":36yu5rqi said:
Hydraulic would be better or even repurposing Di2

You'd be in Shimano Airlines territory

:facepalm: Yarp... I meant Hydraulic.....got myself mixed up... :roll:

Just bought one of these on eBay for £8... in an attempt to go down option A

Attachments

• FC60442C-102E-4EB7-9B0E-4A425D661B0D.jpeg
    FC60442C-102E-4EB7-9B0E-4A425D661B0D.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 309

Peachy!":1fmz8fpi said:
The History Man":1fmz8fpi said:

I’m confused by your question Dave, who said anything about one being better than the other?

If you mean why is the LMDS system better than what everyone else went on to adopt, the answer is... it isn’t :roll:

But that’s not the point of this build... this is silly shiny for the sake of silly shiny... :p

You could sum up the whole silly retro scene with that closing statement - crappy suspension, poor brakes, flexi frames, narrow bars .... and front mechs :LOL:

Retro Spud":377ot7z6 said:
Peachy!":377ot7z6 said:
The History Man":377ot7z6 said:

You could sum up the whole silly retro scene with that closing statement - crappy suspension, poor brakes, flexi frames, narrow bars .... and front mechs :LOL:

Ho ho! Careful Spud... anymore of that Conchie talk and you might end up getting shot! :shock:

(Doesn’t matter that you are right) ;)

These are on their way from SuperDan...(Danson67). :D :D :D :D

Can’t wait to get these brakes on. 80B25D35-6217-4BF1-83C4-50593403497B.jpeg

Last edited:

mk one:9eveqf51 said:
As for stems, i like the look of the lower angle, though not sure on colour of bars against the stem, different colour bars, or stem maybe?

I think you were right.. plus the Ti bars were extra narrow… ;)

Retro Spud:9eveqf51 said:
Will be interesting to see what the shorty looks like when fitted - it’ll certainly change the look and feel of the bike, lower bars and shorter reach.

Longest “Shorty” on the planet… but I’m happy now… :D IMG_6287.jpg

Last edited:
Back