1995 Answer Manitou Magnum Forks

Re:

When I stripped them down there was no assembly rod holding them together. There is a very small 2.5mm hold in the old elastomers though, see picture below:

are these the ones that are held by the bolts at the bottom, i'll shut up and might go inspect mine again at some point,
(busy with Judy and SIDs)

No, the red ones shown are in the top main tube part of the fork and sit between the beige coloured spacers. There are 6 per leg at 1" in length iv'e been led to believe. Have a look at the first set of pictures I posted in this post.

I just ordered a set of the elastomers from Retrobike member 'RVA' (See link in the above post) for £36. He's in Hungary so he'll be posting them and I should have them soon. I'll update this post when they arrive.

Re:

My new elastomer kit arrived today from 'RVA' (Forum Member) and they look and feel just right. I may have to cut them down a little and make a few minor adjustments but for the price (just under £40) I think it's a great deal. Thanks RVA for a very smooth and hassle free transaction. Great communication and very fast delivery.

Here are the pictures of the items supplied by RVA:

IMG_20181002_184354.jpg

IMG_20181002_184310.jpg

IMG_20181002_184202.jpg

IMG_20181002_184231.jpg

I'm still unsure as to which lubricant to use, come on ladies and gents, some of you must be able to advise as to the best lube to use. Please see my previous post above for the link to the one I found.

Thanks in advance.

Trebz

Back