1995 Answer Manitou Magnum Forks

Does anyone have pics and dimension of what the 2nd and 3rd stage bottom out elastomers looks like from a stock Manitou 4? Or do they just use up the space between the stanchion and clip?

Just got mine apart and while the rebound bumper was there, it was black (original rebound and 3rd stage was orange according to Manitou manual) and the 2nd/3rd stage elastomers were completely missing. Have a set of elastomers from rva on the way, but missing details on the supplementary rubber....

How they came apart (no 2nd/3rd stage elastomers or any signs of them present) -
49429159833_765c42e168_b.jpg

Compression rods: (with black elastomer - unsure of the origin of this - again, manual says the original was orange)
49429159843_d07f8950cc_b.jpg

Just for kicks - 1996 Mach 5 elastomers fit just fine:
49424538556_64d5389866_b.jpg

The yellow elastomers shown came in the fork and were not degraded. All of the red elastomers were crumbled and melted.

Great post. The more of these we get the better, anyone with detailed pictures and information please post it here.

Your right there should be two orange elastomers taking up the empty space there

I think they are the same as Manitou I and II

Go to suspension fork parts .net they have manuals

So I received the suspension fork parts.com kit for 2nd/3rd and rebound elastomers and installed them on my M4. Does anyone recall if the heights of the 3rd/rebound elastomers were the same as the 2nd stage? I ask because when I reassemble the fork with the rebound elastomers on the compression rod - and then install the skewer with the primary elastomers they seems to be under a lot of preload from the start (even with the preload adjuster backed off all the way).

The rebound elastomers that came on the fork/compression shaft when I got it were shorter than what I received in my kit, although I know they were original.

Obviously it's easier to trim them down a little if necessary - or should there always be a significant amount of preload when installing/threading on the skewer assembly?

Bump.

Is this the colour of the original rebound (top out) elastomer?
The other side is fine, but stuck though at the bottom and looks shaped to fit and as wide as the tube? Not a normal cylinder of elastomer?

Attachments

• IMG_20221128_155001.jpg
    IMG_20221128_155001.jpg
    342.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20221128_154108.jpg
    IMG_20221128_154108.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 4
Bump.

Is this the colour of the original rebound (top out) elastomer?
The other side is fine, but stuck though at the bottom and looks shaped to fit and as wide as the tube? Not a normal cylinder of elastomer?
Bit late, yes it is. Funnily, the only elastomer in mine that survived meltdown

Back