Congratulations, you've just created anodised camouflage! I'm with @Mod-Master and thinks it looks awesome too! :cool:

Thanks for all the detail too, including all the bits that go wrong!!! 🤪 Despite our best intentions...

Not sure what happened to those carbon fiver frm hubbed wheels @ibbz sold? But they were really light
Did he happen to post weights?

I have Que'd 32H Nosler hubs (and are year/build specific).
Front: 74 grams
Rear: 249 grams

Congratulations, you've just created anodised camouflage! I'm with @Mod-Master and thinks it looks awesome too! :cool:

Thanks for all the detail too, including all the bits that go wrong!!! 🤪 Despite our best intentions...
Thank you sir. Camouflage...so maybe people think I ride the bike without cranks because they can't see them 🙃

What tyres are you looking for?
Got a set of grey 2.0 Michelins waiting to be used.
I am looking for 26x1.9" IRC Geo Claw Lite's. Had bites on Retro but "sellers" retracted due to disinterest or simply going silent. I am looking a few times a week online for something to pop up. Those tires are light light light.

So looking forward to mock-up shots. Out of interest; what other 68mm ti BB's have you got?
NOS Sampson 122 mm x 68
Ultimate Machine 112 mm x 68
Ultimate Machine 122 mm x 68

The Sampson cups measure 15 mm wide per cup. The Ultimates measure 16.5 mm wide per cup.

Did he happen to post weights?

I have Que'd 32H Nosler hubs (and are year/build specific).
Front: 74 grams
Rear: 249 grams

Thank you sir. Camouflage...so maybe people think I ride the bike without cranks because they can't see them 🙃

I am looking for 26x1.9" IRC Geo Claw Lite's. Had bites on Retro but "sellers" retracted due to disinterest or simply going silent. I am looking a few times a week online for something to pop up. Those tires are light light light.

NOS Sampson 122 mm x 68
Ultimate Machine 112 mm x 68
Ultimate Machine 122 mm x 68

The Sampson cups measure 15 mm wide per cup. The Ultimates measure 16.5 mm wide per cup.
They were 250g for the pair so may be worth trying to find some. Perhaps get some irc dragon scale tyres, they were about 600g for the pair and really light, they are newer though.

They were 250g for the pair so may be worth trying to find some. Perhaps get some irc dragon scale tyres, they were about 600g for the pair and really light, they are newer though.
That's pretty light. Pretty light, indeed. Will need to do some homework on those!

Those tires are very light too. A bit too new for what I am looking for...but perhaps a good alternative if I lose hope. The Geo Lites weigh about 800 grams/pair and were made back in 1994 (I think).

How have I missed this?
Maybe you have a day job? ;)
Welcome to the thread anyways.
I like the chainrings!

What's the expected weight?
Looking forward to seeing the final build.
Seems everyone thus far likes the chain rings. I'd honestly take the criticism too, if someone doesn't like them.

Expected weight? I honestly have no idea! I mean I do...but you'll just have to wait and see.

Came full circle and realized that there is not much weight difference between derailleur weights with a 34.9 mm clap size. A few grams here a few grams there. XTR m900 weighs 121.57 grams with my micro scale. Why not just tune it up a bit? Titanium bolts (with some DIY anodizing) and a new weight of 117.35 grams. Hey, if you're not spending 20 bucks on titanium hardware for a 4 gram reduction, you're not living life.

I also ordered new bearings for bottom brackets. If you shop around, you can find some bargains if you buy 10 or more at one time. Old ones were shot, swapped on the new ones and buttery smooth. Extras go in the parts kit for future builds.

3O1F5013.JPG 3O1F5007.JPG 3O1F5015.JPG 3O1F5016.JPG 3O1F5003.JPG

Back