1994 Rocky Mountain Altitude restomod

Re: Re:

sgommy":1e2rd2ze said:
Hey Ted - what are the odds, I just picked up a '92 altitude from a gentleman down in Calgary which is also in need of a bit of restoration and decals - if you find the altitude top tube graphics or a set of actual decals could you post them up in this thread too? Thanks!

Here's mine, obviously in need of some outfitting.
http://imgur.com/FCf8B4B

I'm in the same boat sgommy, I need the "Handbuilt in Canada..." and Altitude top tube decals, my entire top tube has been taken back to bare metal. I think RockiMtn may have EPS files for the downtube decals.

I've been poking about on the internet a bit in the hopes of finding a friendly digital printing house, I have a friend who works at VistaPrint who I'm going to hit up offline as well.

My Tange Prestige decal is really the only one in nice shape left on my bike, I'm hoping I can rescue it with a heat gun and perhaps a helicopter tape overlay.

I'll definitely share anything I come up with.

Cheers, Ted

Why don't you contact Gil here on the forum? He produces great sets of decals and has a lot of Rocky decals available.

Set for my '92 Blizzard:
DSC_0059.JPG

troje":16uct247 said:
Why don't you contact Gil here on the forum? He produces great sets of decals and has a lot of Rocky decals available.

Set for my '92 Blizzard:
DSC_0059.JPG

Thanks Troje!

That helps a lot.

Cheers, Ted

Re:

If that 1992 one is anything like the 91 ones then after a lot of use the clear coat wears off and starts to show the outlines and fade the decals at points. That might be why the coat was taken back so they could come off.
That's a big one though 21.5" same as ededwards. Either troje and ed have the decals you can grab (or the catalogue has them). Gil I think has them too.

Though err back on with the 94 restomod...

(If the serial is rm667 that would be cool)

ted andkilde":3tasg1t0 said:
sgommy":3tasg1t0 said:
Hey Ted - what are the odds, I just picked up a '92 altitude from a gentleman down in Calgary which is also in need of a bit of restoration and decals - if you find the altitude top tube graphics or a set of actual decals could you post them up in this thread too? Thanks!

Here's mine, obviously in need of some outfitting.
http://imgur.com/FCf8B4B

I'm in the same boat sgommy, I need the "Handbuilt in Canada..." and Altitude top tube decals, my entire top tube has been taken back to bare metal. I think RockiMtn may have EPS files for the downtube decals.

Cheers, Ted

I've gotten in touch with Gil I'll let you know what he comes back with

i've been asked by a friend to help him with reproducing artwork for his 92 Altitude he plans to get repainted. i also have a few RMs i would like to restore with new decals (Thunderbolt, Titanium and an Experience), and i've already created some reproduction artwork for them. the tough part is finding a printer to output the artwork to the proper original decal standard, which has proved a challenge to me. i've bought some decals from Gil in the past and to me they weren't ideal, as i'd like to get them as close to original as possible. Gil's decal seems adequate for most here on the RBUK community, just not for me.

Re:

Hand Built decal reproduction artwork for 92 Altitude completed! ;)

Attachments

• HandBuilt.jpg
    HandBuilt.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,033

RockiMtn":25if1w2z said:
Hand Built decal reproduction artwork for 92 Altitude completed! ;)

That looks great RockiMtn. Have you had any luck finding a printer that can output the stickers satisfactorily?

Cheers, Ted

Back