1994 Rocky Mountain Altitude restomod

can you get a vacuum with a small hose attachment into/on the hole? :LOL:

if it doesn't sound like it's a whole lot, i wouldn't be too concerned. could be just metal remanents left over when the frame was welded?

Re:

Another one :)
Are there now more Rockies on here than Konas? I remember in the good old retro-retrobike days they where still hardly known and few ever appeared.

The good thing about your syncros seat post is you can use it in a future build :)

RockiMtn":2vfrqsk8 said:

if it doesn't sound like it's a whole lot, i wouldn't be too concerned. could be just metal remanents left over when the frame was welded?

It's probably just enough to be annoying, but not enough to worry about :)

Vacuum wouldn't be much help since it's only drilled at one end.

Are you the decal guy RockiMtn?

Cheers, Ted

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":39chwzro said:
Are there now more Rockies on here than Konas? I remember in the good old retro-retrobike days they where still hardly known and few ever appeared.

The good thing about your syncros seat post is you can use it in a future build :)

Kona makes bikes? I thought they just did great coffee ;)

Cheers, Ted

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":27zjc407 said:

:LOL: you got to keep in mind that the influx of RMs is directly correlated to the influx in activity by Canadian members here on RBUK. ;)

ted andkilde":27zjc407 said:

Are you the decal guy RockiMtn?

Cheers, Ted

well a vacuum might possible help guide and draw it out through the hole, that's all.

i'm a graphics guy, not a decal guy! :LOL: i can help if you need artwork reproduced but that's about it at the moment. still need to figure out the printing part of the equation.

ted andkilde":ow25rdo6 said:
RockiMtn":ow25rdo6 said:

I have had frames like that before... Get some spray can penetrating oil (Rust check in a spray can for example), stick the long skinny red spray straw into the can and spray oil into the frame tube hole...

This will act as a thick gunky oil that all the dust flakes will stick to... it will prevent them from moving around..

.... and as a added bonus prevent more rusties :cool:

Works like a charm as long as you can access the areas

Re:

Hey Ted - what are the odds, I just picked up a '92 altitude from a gentleman down in Calgary which is also in need of a bit of restoration and decals - if you find the altitude top tube graphics or a set of actual decals could you post them up in this thread too? Thanks!

Here's mine, obviously in need of some outfitting.
http://imgur.com/FCf8B4B

Re:

That's a bit weird on that nice '92 Altitude. These came with decals under the factory clearcoat. Contrary to later Altitudes that just had decals applied after the final layer of paint. It looks like yours has undergone a repaint?

Re:

The previous-previous owner wet sanded through the clear coat to remove the decals, bit of a shame really to go through all that effort, because the end result isn't particularly smooth and is very noticeable. Not wanting to hijack this thread, I'm going to put whatever I have for it together and start a build thread

Back