Sold 1994 Proflex 454 - Mine - £100

Trebz

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi All

Another one of mine I need to let go.

Groupset comprised XT wheelset and chainset, DX mechs and LX brake / shifter units. USE Seatpost is missing top end and there's no saddle, having said that I have a box full of them so I'll throw one in. Rock Shox Mag 21 forks, last serviced by Fluffychicken.

Original rear elastomer has been replaced with an aftermarket Pro Flex spring.

This was my Go To bike for two years, it rides exceptionally well and ate up the runs at Sherwood Pines. It actually surprised me when I first built it, I expected it to be a bit of a dog but I ended up leaving a Kona Explosif and Kona Lava Dome in the shed and riding this for two years. Lot's of fun and very capable. Also it's a Tange Infinity Tapered Wall steel frame, which is always nice.

Images of the bike are in my signature.

Link to catalogue here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/d/11245-4/Proflex94.pdf

Pick up in the Hull area.

After the feedback I've received I may have to put the price up, so hurry..............hehe.

Think of the breakdown of components, XT chainset and wheelset, DX mechs, LX shifters, the rear suspension spring cost me something like £50.......

:)

And the forks......

And if you look carefully at my Avatar it's the bike I'm getting 'Massive Air' on.

Buy this bike and be full of legitness, just like me.

I've always liked these bikes, a customer of mine used to be a supplier of these bitd and tested one when they were released, he was only telling me about it earlier this year, he sells tractor parts now!

Back