1994 Mtn Cycle San Andreas - Spectrachromed! - FINISHED Pg.7

:D looks superb bud, hope you enjoy it when you have it built up, im sure you will do the build justice ;)

Thanks for the comments everyone :cool:

Build wise will be the usual mix (for me) of retro & modern but predominantly modern... Everything going on is black barr polished Topline cranks. I am toying with swapping a few bits over from my Clark Kent and putting Use Carbon bars on this and getting a matching seatpost.... Or keeping the Syncros I already have for the San An (and are very light)....Got a new Fox RP23 shock for the rear and Rock Shox Revelation Air forks up front.

The reason I didn't polish the frame is from the oxidisation point of view down the line, and I would expect the laquer to eventually peel or yellow if going straight onto the polished surface.

EarlofBarnet - Aaah yes, I remember this but think it may be wrapped rather than painted being that it's not as reflective as it maybe should be. Seen quite a few (badly done) chrome wraps in the last year or so, all the rage in north London! :LOL:

Spike 3 - No idea what this would cost... Will find out a rough figure next week.

Saltyman - Thanks mate. Just looking forward to getting it all finished so I can finally ride it :)

Marin Man - Maybe... For the time being anyway. Have another set of Spinergy with the black PBO spokes that I can use so will see what suits :cool:

Cheers.
Alex.

that looks really good! :cool:

i think you might be getting asked for chrome jobs from your mate on a regular basis judging by how that looks. it would be good to know a price for that job and if your mate is willing to do others.

well done sir! :D

Thanks Steve :cool:.

jonnyboy666":xlfwxnf9 said:
that looks really good! :cool:

i think you might be getting asked for chrome jobs from your mate on a regular basis judging by how that looks. it would be good to know a price for that job and if your mate is willing to do others.

well done sir! :D

Cheers jonnyboy... He's a bit laid back to say the very least so I handed it over knowing it wouldn't be a one week turnaround lol. I'll find out a rough price next week when I get it back assuming it will be okay to do so.

Cheers :).

ummmmmmmmm :LOL:

Joking aside, I'm under strict instructions from the sprayer to give it some stick in all conditions to see how the paint holds up.... Should be absolutely fine but always good to test :cool:

Alex Creasey":34vtghbo said:
I only bought the frame & forks... The built bike in the 2nd pic was just the inspiration for what I want to do :cool:.

Cool, do you already have the parts for it? Or are you still looking?

Back