1994 Marin Team Titanium

It could well be a 1995, 1994 is just what it was advertised as and i've yet to find anything that looks similar in terms of decals in their ranges from back then so I went with it :)

In that case she's a mere 12 years old rather than 13!

Looks really lovely and "clean", just my kind of thing. Maguras work really well, but those zip-tied brake lines :(

Yeah, well, the frame wasn't meant for maguras and as such the guides are for v-cables and will not take the magura hoses unless they are drilled out, which i'm not really wanting to do as of yet :)

You don't need to use the zip-ties.
Your local bike shop should have cable guide adapters that take a hydraulic hose and will fit inside your cable stops.
I can't remember their proper name, but I always get mine from Leisure lakes bike shop, and they come in polished Silver, dull Silver or Black, and are made by I.D.

Another option used on mine...
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10621
...is to use a wire between the bosses with a sleeve that takes the Magura hose inside. Again, I got this from LL and it has been used since about 2000 (on another frame). If you look hard enough, it is just visible on the top tube. I think I used this method because I had a problem with the cable adapters on this particular frames' cable guides.

Back