1994 Kona Kilauea...just finished! A few more photos!

I really love that in urban attack mode. I was after something similar until the Bontrager showed up. Albeit I wouldn't have had enough patience to track down such nice bits. Also, I've never had a pair of M737 cranks. And now I want some! :LOL:

If you sort the cable issue can you let me know how? I've got a band-on cable stop on mine too and I hate it!

Anthony":1leyyagi said:
Something I learned in the KoTM discussion (I think from Geoff) was that the Mountain Shock decal indicates that the bike was built for the Marzocchi XC51 option. And, at least in 1995, the entire colour scheme of the bike (paint plus decals) was different from the Race Light (Project 2) option. So if that was also the case in 94, it’s all the more clever of you to find matching P2s for your Mountain Shock frame!

Different colours on the Kil in 95? First I heard of that... I thought it was Pearlescent White on both? Certainly was on my P2 model. Wasn't there two colours on the 94 instead?

Oh yeah and Anthony, I have internet again so send me some pics your new one! :D

EDIT:

Harryburgundy":1leyyagi said:
Regards, Carl

PS You are wrong about the forks.

This is really weird. For a moment I thought I must have made it up but the wayback machine has at least reassured me on that one:

http://web.archive.org/web/199704131247 ... Specs.html

vs

http://web.archive.org/web/199704131247 ... Specs.html

and look at the other bikes in the sidebar and their headings.

Geoff":1fadq58m said:
Anthony":1fadq58m said:
Something I learned in the KoTM discussion (I think from Geoff) was that the Mountain Shock decal indicates that the bike was built for the Marzocchi XC51 option. And, at least in 1995, the entire colour scheme of the bike (paint plus decals) was different from the Race Light (Project 2) option. So if that was also the case in 94, it’s all the more clever of you to find matching P2s for your Mountain Shock frame!

Different colours on the Kil in 95? First I heard of that... I thought it was Pearlescent White on both? Certainly was on my P2 model. Wasn't there two colours on the 94 instead?
Sorry, I think I got confused there - I think it may be the case that it was just the decals that were a different colour in 1995 depending on whether it was the shock option or P2 option. But I thought in 1994 it was the whole bike - i.e., that Harry Burgundy's mountain shock bike was the standard option with blue/grey paint and white decals, while the P2 option was white paint with grey decals. So that's why I was surprised that he had found matching forks, but he says I'm wrong anyway, so I don't know.

Anyway of interest only for purposes of identification it seems, as Mr Zero assures me that the frame geometry was identical between the mountain shock and race light options.

Back