1994 Kona AA

Bar setup looking a lot more like it:

Possibly the angle of the bike on the stand or the rubbish strip lights in the shed but I think they are still very usable, if not I have plenty of spare rings to swap out.

Re: Re:

al-onestare":euhsqaqx said:
Are those chainrings alright? They looks a bit shark tooth to me...

Might be the angle of the bike/lighting, I’ll check and have spares I can swap out so no drama.

Grannie Gear have a completely knackered set on eBay with cranks for shy of £40 should I need more :LOL:

All geared up and rings seem fine to me, I guess the first proper ride will tell.

I can’t setup the rear brake as yet as I am waiting for a delivery from eBay, couldn’t find any brake cable sheathing in clear other than from China with a 30 day plus delivery time to found some Teflon tubing with 2mm inner and 3mm outer diameters sold for the 3D printing industry. Bought 5 meters of it so hope it works well ;)

I’ll sort the front brake though later today and strip down the chosen pedals. I had been after a nice set of XT’s for my Marin build but couldn’t find anything for less than stupid money and still not in great order, these DX’s turned up and although they need some love I could see they had potential. This morning I found some XT’s in great order for a still silly £50 but much better than anything else I’d seen so the DX’s will now be rebuilt for the AA.

Samdrog":2bxnqadz said:
Looks fantastic!
After fitting do you think the teflon tubing will work ok?

Thanks buddy :cool:

The inner brake cable runs smoothly through the tubing which sits nicely in the dog collar, well worth buying some if you need the eBay link.

Back