1994 Bigfoot Smokestone

Having got the bike to a ridable state I couldnt resist taking it out.

A quick 12 miles showed this is one light, agile bike. I enjoyed it tremendously. . . . just have to get used to cantis again!

I have also enjoyed my 1st frame up project!

Anyhow, here's a pic I got with the camera phone whilst out.

img0350o.jpg

Still a few bits to do till I will be happy.

Just received / am waiting for some new bars, post, stem, and tyres! Once these are on will be chasing up the decals. Pics to follow.

Luke

Yup V :cool: ! I'd hold back on going too mad with the red ano though. I think you've got a nice balance as it is.

A truly lovely build, and I agree with the red ano thing.. :oops: it looks perfectly well balanced as it stands now.

Impressed, indeed :cool: :cool:

very nice

looks a million dollars

the forks compliment the chunky frame tubes

spot on, well done.

i bet you are looking for your next project already :LOL:

stubbsy :D

Cheers for the positive feedback guys :D

Know what you mean by the red ano, I got the black post (cheap) so I could use a post I wouldnt mind putting up and down! It just fit really well matching the C Tech.

BUT, I have a few bits in mind (and on route) that I think will look the business. Here is a pic the Graham (FOOT) sent me of a race bike BITD. I have based my plans on this and hope it will work.

pbpic3474207.jpg

Only difference with mine is the red chainrings (and of course that it is red not blue!)

The decals will be the same and obviously in red.

If it does turn out a bit too red have the parts to change back.

Luke.

Bigfoot Smokestone

:D can't say how cool it is to see one of these built up just the way we did it wayback when. fantastic Job.
should have decals soon, have someone working on it now.
i'll have to dig mine out. its gold ano with Acutrax rigid forks, contrl tech stem and a ti hope bb, which is a prob as i can't get it out. hence its sat in the loft.
my wifes still got hers, its done over 50k and still rides like new. yes 50k... on the road!! shock horror. never mind.
the one above is a Bigfoot Smokestone, second genration, made in Malvern. Cool.

I never liked E-stays until I saw one of these, and yours looks stunning.

Lusted after one ever since seeing one in MBUK when I was an impressionable teen - from memory they ran a feature on people's race bikes and there was a Bigfoot in there. For some reason I remember it wearing random forks, possible shocktech - but I can't remember 100%. I will have one one day

Latest posts

Back