1993 Orange Clockwork

Re:

Thank you all for the information. Cheshire1980, first dibs on the rims would be much appreciated :D

The bike has had it's first decent ride. Absolutely love it! :cool: Recently sold my '97 Cannondale Beast of the East as I know it wouldn't get used. And now have my modern Cube road bike up for sale :cool:

IMG_1856.jpg

Re:

Christmas has arrived! Clockwork looking good there – bet you had a blast on that. Reminds me of the day I'd finished building mine and took it out for the first ride, nearly 24 years ago...

Re:

Correct wheels would be 231 Mavics on XT hubs to match your groupset. Orange used to lace the wheels 2cross on front & non-driveside. 3cross is typical on most wheels.

Bike looks nice though, for me the polished stem draws attention to the mismatched forks. Some correct steel forks shouldn't be hard to find if you wanted.

Re: Re:

minor_LEGEND":3a4217f5 said:
Correct wheels would be 231 Mavics on XT hubs to match your groupset. Orange used to lace the wheels 2cross on front & non-driveside. 3cross is typical on most wheels.

Bike looks nice though, for me the polished stem draws attention to the mismatched forks. Some correct steel forks shouldn't be hard to find if you wanted.

I agree about the forks too. I'd go for some slender matching period steel forks or may be F7s or may be something far far tricker – imagine some vintage Pace RC30s or RC35s...

Back