1993 Merlin Mountain

Thanks, think it's looks better in the flesh than in pics, hard to catch the right light this time of year and first time he's used the Leica, manual rangefinder takes a bit of getting used to,.

He's should be out on it now, he hadn't been feeling great the last few days so will be his first proper ride. Waiting to hear how he compares it to my other brother's Hot, which he thought was amazing compared to his modern Trek 29'er.

Think you have done a wonderful job on this mate, very classic looking.

Also think it is great that you have built 2 awesome bikes for your brothers, do you all get to ride together much?
I built a retro/mod bike for my father in law for chrimbo, but not a patch on this lol.

Niall.

Re:

I can't ride at the moment but my two brothers go out quite a bit.

Saw yours, looks good, imagine she's happy with it. My brother also said narrow bars will take some getting used to, as will the longer stem.

Re:

Lovely build. Funny how your Merlin has a white industries rear and hope front, and my Merlin has hope rear and white front :)

:LOL: the WI non-suspension hub was sent today, but when I'll find a matching rim is anyone's guess. Of course he might end up hating the RC30's and I'll put Ritchey's on, then problem sorted, probably easier to find.

Re:

If you want to sell the hope hub, let me know ;-)

Love the frame and fork combo by the way

Back