1993 Kona Explosif

brummieguy":1crwm8ue said:
I love them

It's mahoosive! Looks like it could have eaten mine for breakfast!

The rear mech cable needs replacing with a longer one, or just seating properly...

Lovely bike - great original spec too

:D

Hah - just seen yours - very nice and you're right it looks like yours would make a nice starter course for mine!

I was worried it would be a bit big but its actually a good fit :D

As for the cable - can you explain in layman's terms? Not sure what you mean :?

daj":1crwm8ue said:
photos do not do it justice !! :cool:

How very dare you - they are my best pictures and I used a digital camera and everything ;)

Thanks to everyone else for the comments - evidently there is a lot of Kona love out there! :D

nevadasmith":1nppq99n said:
I was worried it would be a bit big but its actually a good fit :D
The seat height looks like it would fit somebody of 5-8. The saddle to bar length looks right for somebody of 6-8. Some people of 6-2 are that shape of course, but unless you really need all that length, I reckon the bike would handle better with a shorter stem.

nevadasmith":1nppq99n said:
As for the cable - can you explain in layman's terms? Not sure what you mean :?
You have far too tight a curve there, look at how bent it is as it enters the barrel adjuster. That will lead to bad shifting eventually. You need 35cm of outer minimum, I prefer 40, that one looks like 25 to me.

Anthony":2urbn91y said:
The seat height looks like it would fit somebody of 5-8. The saddle to bar length looks right for somebody of 6-8. Some people of 6-2 are that shape of course, but unless you really need all that length, I reckon the bike would handle better with a shorter stem.

You have far too tight a curve there, look at how bent it is as it enters the barrel adjuster. That will lead to bad shifting eventually. You need 35cm of outer minimum, I prefer 40, that one looks like 25 to me.

Ok - I understand now - will have a look tonight :D

As for the fit - you are right I have got a longer body/shorter legs and the saddle is a touch low for me as it is pictured. I have another 130mm stem which I was going to experiment with to bring my position back towards the rear of the bike a bit. :D

Stunning bike, was suprised it took so long to sell but its clearly gone to a good home. Good purchase.
:D

As everyone says... "really very nice indeed"

I notice you have the shifter cables running parallel with the downtube rather than crossed. This forces the outers to take a tight line around the headtube resulting in increased cable rub. If you cross the cables the outers take a far more natural line, the bottom bracket guides seem set for this as well.

Enjoy yourself :D

Back