1993 GT RTS 2 new developments

Cheers for the tip. It was a silly fast build! Basically my shed was raided and everything taken to mike's house. It would have taken me weeks

Wish mine would get built that quick!

In fairness, all ive done is sit it in the shed since i got it off you!

I need to make a shopping list really!

Nice RTS mate.

Def a 93 - I've had one since new, though the front went the same way as yours, and without a welder friend, it went to wandsworth tip a few months ago. I still have the rear end, shok etc, including a mint (yet dusty) original wheel from the RTS2 - black LX hub, mavic 231 rim, and just before I retired it, had an XT 7 speed casette fitted, so it is virtually new. Would this aid your build if you are looking to make it authentic? Was going to put it up on eBay as I need the space.

just had a few tweaks to try and enter it in this months bike of the month.

mechs have been swapped for black lx rear and cheapo front and i also decided to remove the kooka cranks as i am thinking of selling them and wanted the bike to be more purposeful than bling.

initially the bike seemed to have a lot of rear end play but that has been deleted now (something to do with tightening the bolts up apparently...
:oops: :oops: )

so there is it finished for now. dont think i am going to touch it untill i can afford bushes, paint and decals, then i'll strip it and mint it. or just ride it!

walok9.jpg

You may already know, but Gil_M has some RTS 2 decals, and I believe that there is a yahoo group that deals in GT decals, and last time I checked, they had some RTS 2 decals as well.

Latest pics are looking sweet. I'll post up some of mine once I've refinished it, have added some Kore, Use, XTR (but retro now) and some 98 sids.

Ian

i'll get in touch with gil soon then. i'll update this with pics of my new saddle and post soon.

yours sounds sweet

GT - RTS-2

lewis1641":3qkgh07k said:
THERE SHE BLOWS....

i dont think its too bad, especially given its built from parts laying around. i accept i bought the stuff at some point but this has been a zero cost build. i am well chuffed with that fact

sorry for the poor picture but there she is for the time being.

i love it, what do you lot think?

massive thanks to mikef350. without his help this would have taken weeks

Hey if you still have this bike I'm building one and looking for info. I need a new seatpost and was wondering if it is 27mm?

Hi and welcome to the site.

I don't have the rts any longer but I am pretty sure that syncros post its a 27.0 .

If you send "ringo" a pm he will tell you for certain.

Cheers

Back