1993 GT RTS 2 new developments

THERE SHE BLOWS....

33m7nsk.jpg

i dont think its too bad, especially given its built from parts laying around. i accept i bought the stuff at some point but this has been a zero cost build. i am well chuffed with that fact

sorry for the poor picture but there she is for the time being.

i love it, what do you lot think?

massive thanks to mikef350. without his help this would have taken weeks

cheers guys. more pics at the weekend in its natural environment hopefully.

i have not weighed it yet but it certainly isnt light. i'm guessing at about 27/28lbs

Cool Dave, enjoy it.

Your probably right with the weight, I know mine is about 27lbs when I weighed in on the bathroom scales.

If you fancy popping over one night/weekend I'll help you tidy the Rock Shox up with the gold Hammerite I have. It was a spot on match when refurb'd the 21's on my old Zaskar.

Cheers jon! May well do that if i can't source some gold lacquer as they are the sl ti's and i'd like to have them as they were. Might let you look at the back end though...

spacehopper":1tbyzaf9 said:
nice RTS! :cool:

thats a nice parts bin youve got there! :D
haha. That's the cream of the crop. Some of the parts were bought a while ago for a planned rts that didn't happen in the end. Namely forks and the kore gear

your welcome fella.and i must say this thing looks stunning in the flesh.no picures do it any justice.mechanic bills in the post mucka :D

Didn't even notice this one getting built.
Look nice how does it ride.

Was talking to someone at work about tinted lacquer and musical instrument use it, or at least did to make than a bit more goldy that the brass colour.. So maybe try that route

I wonder though if it's not just a thin normal gold spray, then covered in a normal clear laquer.

The 'gold' is similar to my forks but translucent, (more a mottled gold as opposed to solid gold btw.) so a thin coat of gold (making it translucent) finished of with lacquer may give it the effect ?

Back