1993 Cannondale M800 BOTE

Thanks @Vesatoro for the measurement and @stew-b for encouraging me to add this missing decal. It's not perfect but overall I'm quite pleased with the outcome.

View attachment 820970
View attachment 820975

I've included the SVG file used in case anyone else would like to try making use of it, hopefully a dropbox link will work

I bet no-one can spot the difference to the original when you pedal by 😆 Nice work!

Thanks @Vesatoro for the measurement and @stew-b for encouraging me to add this missing decal. It's not perfect but overall I'm quite pleased with the outcome.

View attachment 820970
View attachment 820975

I've included the SVG file used in case anyone else would like to try making use of it, hopefully a dropbox link will work

That looks fantastic - congratulations, you must be happy with that outcome.

Very nice evolution of a build. And yes, you need to change the rear hub :D
@Vesatoro A big thanks for pointing out a "need" to replace the rear hub :LOL:

I've been in possession of the matching rear Ringle hub to my front hub for a few years now, trouble is one flange is broken. It's a Bubba freewheel version.

Your kind suggestion motivated me to start watching Ringle hubs on FleeBay. I figured it was along shot but have been taking a look every few days also noticing the crazy high prices in the process.

Well today I came across a 32hole Bubba freewheel version "for parts only" with both flanges still intact missing only the outside spacers for like $15 plus shipping, almost fell out of my chair.

I've never built a wheel, only ever done a successful rim transfer (on the rear wheel in question actually) so will give the hug swap a go 💪

Stay tuned, a matching Ringle rear hub is on the way!

😁

I've been in possession of the matching rear Ringle hub to my front hub for a few years now, trouble is one flange is broken. It's a Bubba freewheel version.

Your kind suggestion motivated me to start watching Ringle hubs on FleeBay. I figured it was along shot but have been taking a look every few days also noticing the crazy high prices in the process.

Well today I came across a 32hole Bubba freewheel version "for parts only" with both flanges still intact missing only the outside spacers for like $15 plus shipping, almost fell out of my chair.

I've never built a wheel, only ever done a successful rim transfer (on the rear wheel in question actually) so will give the hug swap a go 💪

😁
If the flanges are the same size, make sure you measure the spoke length's on both sides, on the rear wheel one side (of the wheel spokes may) will be longer to the other to allow the rear wheel to be dished properly, if the flange is a different size you will need to calculate new spoke lengths to ensure you can dish the wheel to spec.

Last edited:

😁
I would take the wheel to an experienced builder. The Ringle hubs are prone to breaking if not correctly built. Maybe not the part to learn with.

Last edited:
I might take the wheel to an experienced builder. The Ringle hubs are prone to breaking if not correctly built. Maybe not the part to learn with.
Agree on this if your not sure, do not re-use old spokes and nipples, it is not expensive for new Sapim or Swiss DT spokes and Brass nipples (don't use alloy nipples, they will just pop) - mind and lubricate your "nipples" with the proper lube. :rolleyes: (follow the previous marks on the hub where the last build was done, if you don't you will stress the flange in the opposite direction of any previous build, you will see the spoke marks - across the flange)

Back