1993 Breezer Storm project, finished ! !

Re:

First proper ride. Starting in Hope, Peak District.

Caffeine boost to start :LOL:

MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1533384439167 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Then up Pindale Road, Castleton, which runs into a track alongside the road

MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1533388402350 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Before the mother of all dodgy descents, Cave Dale. LongboardSi, the rider showing me the way round, was extremely adept on these horrible descents. I walked. No way I could have ridden that! I was very pleased he came out, good bloke!

media_upload2_1533389953085 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Then up Mam Top, where some of the road has slid away! :shock: :shock:

IMG_20180804_145952 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Onto Rushup Edge, love it up here. Last time I was here, there were snow drifts. But still a glorious day! :cool:

IMG_20180804_152602 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Slightly out of synch, this is around the back of Mam Tor, before dropping into Edale. For coffee and cake!

IMG_20180804_160417 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Rushup Edge, this should have been before the last photo.

IMG_20180804_155459 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Worst bit of rideable track around Mam Tor! :shock: :shock:

IMG_20180804_161016 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Well earned break!

media_upload2_1533400024616 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

media_upload2_1533400016848 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Next three photos were on the trail up to Hope cross

IMG_20180804_172950 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

IMG_20180804_173012 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

IMG_20180804_173717 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Before getting to Ladybower reservoir

IMG_20180804_182615 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

There was more pain to follow when we rode up to Stanage Edge. But by this time, my camera was dead. Along with the boost pack. We had been out for a while, in my defence! Getting up was fine, but back down was a 3/4 walk for me. Just tooooo scary :shock: Si made it though, incredibly!

So, the bike. Really pleased with it. Comfortable, my size so backache wasn't an issue. It handled the terrain well, better than me! :LOL: :LOL: Everything worked as it should, and I think this will become a favourite bike of mine!

Mike

Retro Spud":p8lily6f said:
Pleased with it Mike ?

Love the pics 3rd one in is ace ....really inviting

Yes I am, Nick. Just about to update the previous post.

Inviting? FFS! It's the worst path I've ever walked down! :LOL:

Mike

The History Man":1rexc1ky said:
Mam tor. Very nice. Only ever walked it. Fair play.

It that the one with the fooked up road that somebody though they could out do / conquer Mother Nature and a zillion quid later they realised it wasn’t worth it

Re:

At least I made it. Went up Winnats on the road bike today. I had to stop for 30 secs to get my breath back! :LOL: :LOL:

Losingmytouch.com! :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

Re:

Nice one Mike .. at my (lack of) fitness level I can only dream of those kind of routes. I know it would spoil the breezer .. but have you considered a bikev with front suspension ? Might make those decents doable !

Mike was WAY quicker up the hills than me though - although for once I don't think he had the most exposed length of seatpost (except for the descents that I chose to drop mine on). Awesome day out - shame nobody else made it!

The Breezer looked very lovely.

And to be fair, I planned took him on 31 miles planned purely to link the silliest descents I could (legally) in the area.

And with respect to Cavedale I think Mike has neglected to mention that I wasn't adept enough to avoid going over the bars once, and sketching through another 20m section just afterwards, with one foot out, dabbing wildly at the boulders in effort to avoid going over again.

Stanage and 'The Beast' were clean I think though...

The pic below shows Cavedale the other way, from about where I crashed (I think).

Attachments

• Mike Muz Cavedale.jpg
    Mike Muz Cavedale.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 264
Back