1993/94 Fastback Single Speed - Scott Pro Racing?

Hi there, do you still have this? Wouldn't mind some more details. I have a Ritchey Logic tubed bike with a similar frame number (MT9309340) and I'm trying to work out what it is. All three cables routed on top of the top tube and the Ritchey dropouts. 3.75 lbs.

Last edited:
Hi there, do you still have this? Wouldn't mind some more details. I have a Ritchey Logic tubed bike with a similar frame number (MT9309340) and I'm trying to work out what it is. All three cables routed on top of the top tube and the Ritchey dropouts. 3.75 lbs.

I do still have it, yes. That's very interesting, as the frame number was one thing that didn' seem to match with the possible identifications I found.

Do you have a photo?

Mine only has one cable on the top tube, but I think the other guides were probably taken off when the rear dropouts were changed.

Details as follows
MT9309340 and B-0222 stamped on BB shell
17.5" c-c, 22.5"TT
3.75 lbs - 1700g
Ritchey seat clamp system, which was available as part of the tubeset but rarely used by other builders
Triple caple stops on top of top tube (never seen a Ritchey with that)
Reinforcement external butts on head tube
No hole in BB shell

Does yours have the same canti bosses and reinforced head tube?

The Sherlock Holmes bit: -
As for stickers - Pacific Cycle Tours is a NZ company that was owned for years by a German born engineer. He now has an awesome looking company called Global Cycling Adventures that run tours all over the world. One of his European guides looks like it might be Andreas Heckmair, owner of the Oberstdorf bike shop on the other frame sticker. Andreas Heckmair is well known for the 'Heckmair Route' over the Alps, a 400km pioneering ride that he undertook in 1989 to be the first to cross the Alps on a mountain bike. This should not be confused with the original 'Heckmair Route' that his father Anderl Heckmair pioneered in the first mountaineering expedition to scale the notoroius North Face of the Eiger.

So I think they are my best source of information. I have tried to contact the owner of Global Cycling Adventures but have not had any luck yet. I will try him through another channel, and failing that maybe Andreas Heckmair in Germany. I'll keep you posted.

I picked up the bike on Trademe (NZs own ebay type site). It had apparently been picked up from his local Wastebusters site, presumably left as rubbish, I'll keep you posted.

IMG_1611.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1623.JPG
    IMG_1623.JPG
    353.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1621.JPG
    IMG_1621.JPG
    314.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1620.JPG
    IMG_1620.JPG
    281.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1619.JPG
    IMG_1619.JPG
    377.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1618.JPG
    IMG_1618.JPG
    312 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1615.JPG
    IMG_1615.JPG
    344 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1614.JPG
    IMG_1614.JPG
    232.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1613.JPG
    IMG_1613.JPG
    385.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1612.JPG
    IMG_1612.JPG
    398.8 KB · Views: 13
Mine also has a rear brake bridge, yours doesn't seem to.
The 93 and 94 Jamis Dragon and Dakar used Ritchey tubing, had top tube cable routing but did not have brake bridges.
They also used the MT******** with eight numbers like yours (mine has seven numbers).
However the seat tube lug was also a different shape to our frames.
Some of the top Jamis frames of that era were made by Serotta too, even came labelled as such.
Are you sure you have a 30mm seatpost? 27.0 would be expected on this tubeset?

I meant a canti bridge. Your canti bridge might have been cut off for a v-brake conversion - it would have had something to support cantis in 1993. The Jamis seat cluster is a bit too different from ours.

Thank you, that's really interesting. Sorry about the slow reply, I am a bit busy at the moment.

I agree about the canti bridge, I've always assumed that a previous owner had the rear drop outs replaced and at the same time may have had a canti bridge removed along with the other cable guides, to leave it as a single speed with one set of guides for rear V-brake. (Alternatively, some of the Ritchey frames from the era did not have canti bridges.)I guess they may also have added the two holes that have been drilled in it - one in the BB shell, which I would assume was for draining, plus two in the headtube, which I have no idea about the logic for - although they allign with the top tube and down tube, so maybe it was something to do with the modifictions.

I guess one possible logical explanation I hadn't considered is that the cable guides aren't original, but were brazed on to replace bigger triple guides (such as yours) that were removed.

The Pacific Cycle Tours information is definitely interesting, because if you could speak with someone who was with the company back then they may well know where the frame came from originally.

The rear canti bosses look very similar, but as far as I recall, mine does not have any reinforcement on the headtube

[edit] I've found another photo that I don't think I posted earlier in the thread that confirms that:

IMG_0375.JPG

The seatpost on mine is definitely 30.0 mm. It came with one that was too short for me, so I bought the IRD one in the photos to allow me to ride it, but was on the look out for one even longer and a better atch for the build for a long time and finally got a (modern) Reverse Comp Lite seatpost to match the other red parts. It's just waiting for me to get the bike out of storage and have the frame refinished.

This is really making me want to retrieve the bike, check the frame details again and get it powercoater ready to rebuild! It should be much easier for me to do now too, since I'm now working in the city I usually get powdercoating done.

@rrrroberts Did you find any more information about your frame?

I'm going to get mine powdercoated, so I'll try to check some of the details again - if I get time I'll try to remove some paint to look for evidence of the canti bridge.

Just waiting for everything to be ready to go to be powdercoated with the other projects:

Waiting for powdercoating.JPG

Although the similarity in frame numbers is intriguing, the seat stays aren't as smoothly joined on my frame as on rrrrobert above. My frame is also heavier, coming in at almost 2000g.

Seat stay join.JPG

Back