1992 Trek 8900

Re: Trek 950

I ended up with a different set of wheels. Mavic X221 rims with Deore LX hubs SS spokes and brass nipples, NOS, and beautiful. Mount a set of NOS Serfas Drifter 1.5" tires.
Getting there. Hollow Tech II BB and Shimano XT crankset next.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 483
Re: 93 Trek 950

Restoration complete. Full XT group, XTR brakes, beautiful cabling and finishing touches by Jarod at Sun Cycles, Tavares Florida.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 463
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    20.4 KB · Views: 463
Did you find a maching fork for your 8900 already? I have a original fork for sale...

That would be a perfect match, wouldn't it? :mrgreen:

And one technical question: Why do you upload such tiny pix. I can't see anything clearly, really.

Re: small pics

I've tried uploading larger images, but from my iPhone I don't seem to be able. I'll upload from my computer and see if I can get larger pics up.
Nice fork, it would be perfect if the stem is long enough.is it available?

Re:

Youp. Better.
And yes. The fork is available. The frame it was in has a crack. :facepalm:

(That's for the bin, I guess.)

How long is your steerer tube on the frame? Mine was 9.2cm iirc.

This is how I got the bike. The front end seems to be just like yours:

Thank you. It was a labor of love, I have invested a bit to restore it, but I have what I wanted.
I'm very pleased.

matthewbmiceli":3ika1v1q said:
Thank you. It was a labor of love, I have invested a bit to restore it, but I have what I wanted.
I'm very pleased.

It certainly shows that you loved the bike right from the off and i couldn't agree more that if you like a bike enough then regardless of how much it costs to sort out it's always worth it if it's going to make you happy ;) ..

Back