1992 Specialized Stumpjumper - Finished!

EarlofBarnet":kluebg2i said:
Just removed the forks and headset. Exciting!

It's amazing how the little things are exciting on a new project. And that's not being sarcastic at all. I've just spent an hour cleaning a bike on a stripdown and the wife wants to know why I'm smiling so much.

I like progress :LOL:

zigzag is carrying out a resto on the exact same frame :)

Ah it's good to finally be part of the club :)

Going to pay my local blasting firm a visit in the next couple of days to get some prices. Then just need to give Gil a shout about some decals.

Once the frame and forks are done, then it'll time to hunt for some components.

I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything until the frame and forks were ready, but...

Following from another RB thread I've ordered a pair of amber wall IRC Mythos tyes for the bike. Not true to year etc, but I wanted some rideable (and affordable) amber walled tyres and these fit the bill. So job done :)

Link: http://www.bikeplus.co.uk/cgi-bin/quiks ... iliate_id=

Got an (old) Deore chainset for this build too, will post up pictures tonight. It polished up well, so should fit in quite well.

Pretty sure I've still got the original saddle and stem from my '92 Stumpy Comp somewhere, if you're looking to get close to a catalogue build.

I'm out of town at the moment, but drop me a PM if you're interested, and I'll have a rummage when I'm back home.

With those dropouts, it's practically begging to be singlespeeded...

Could be a plan, that'd be great :)

Took some measurements last night of all the decals on the bike. Just waiting on Gil getting back to me so I can sort out getting new ones made up.

Could I run this as 9sp? The wheel with 9sp casette seems to fit ok (clearance wise). Quite tempted to run it 27sp and just keep the major components retro. Might help me keep the cost down a little bit.

What canti's shall I run on this? Quite fancied some black LX ones, or maybe the Onza ones (HO's?).

hey, what is yor plan? i can deal a full nos '92 dx set if you think :) check my liyang topic. a friend of mine has many old bikes. drop a PM if interest.

Back