1992 San Andreas Mountain Cycle

Re:

A few more pieces of the Jigsaw sourced

49987316131_1f23aab293_c.jpg

Whoooo thats low mileage kit if ever I saw some.... apart from a few fine chain marks on the front mech you'd think it was NOS like the stem

Re: Re:

nutcase-retro":2uqdd723 said:

Is this a hint for me to get a move on? 'cos I'm waiting for a parcel from John Grafton before anything is sent to the anodisers :D

No, but it’s going to be a nice build. I’m just a sucker for a San Andreas, Love the bike and still the sexiest frame ever made. Has to be in the top 10 mountain bikes ever made.
Still remember turning the page of MTB UK and seeing the full page advert in 92.
The one of the bike in the grand canyon on a red hot day with the sun in the distance. I’ve Looked all over the Internet for the advert over the years and still can’t find it.

Re:

Oy Mr Spud, I've been full on retro-spannering the VW as we will be doing UK camping trips instead of the Canadian trip we were supposed to take :cry:

Re:

OK time to restore the Rims...I inherited JeRky's HED Downhill rims after he fled the country (which in hindsight appears to be a wise move), anyway they are in generally good condition, never seen rim brakes, a few scratches on the carbon but came with very odd Schrader valve extenders which were not doing much for me :?

50053684016_d6a150e731_c.jpg

So wanted to change to Presta's, so bought some Carbon tubing and glued in using good old Gorilla Glue, then using some clearcoat to touch up the sctratches and Meguiers finishing pastes, managed to get a good shine on the carbon.

50053114893_599e2d8a56_c.jpg

Back