1992 Rocky Mountain Blizzard

I guess this one must be a respray in black - even without decals, it looks much more Blizzard-like IMO.

Attachments

• 1992 Blizzard size 15.5 (owner says 1991).jpg
    1992 Blizzard size 15.5 (owner says 1991).jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 7,838
MMmmm… I do like the looks of that in black! Don't care for the tires though!

K, gonna put some photochoping into play to see what I can come up.

K, here's what I invision if I were to repaint the bike. What do you all think?

Attachments

• BlizzardRepaintMix.jpg
    BlizzardRepaintMix.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 7,751
  • BlizzardRepaintBlack.jpg
    BlizzardRepaintBlack.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 7,750
Anthony, that blizzard just looks all wrong around the seattube/toptube/seatstay area* :?
I know 15.5" is small though, I didn't think they made the Blizzard in that size for the 'real' ones ;)
And the seat clamp has been chopped off :roll:

It looks fastback (or very thin for a blizzard wishbone), and without the seat tube stepping. and with a seat clamp. So if any I would say it was a 1993 model (they did come in 15.5"). (but with 1992 cabling, like good old Rocky does, lol)

RockiMtn":3tb2fvny said:
opinions? anyone? :?:

Your Rocky Mountain text would be upright on the side we are looking at ;-)

sorry colours,
so you definitely do not want white.

Then all black it is I guess :LOL:

I quite like the black stays, white main and black fork look of the '91 model in the catalogues.

It was a quick draft, the italics for the font I picked wasn't sloped enough. Probably have to manually angle the text myself to achieve proper decals.

On a side note, think I'll be putting on a set of Halson Inversions instead of the Joe Murray's Project 2's.

Is what I have the same as the Kona Project 2's mentioned around here?

gonna remove the flexstem and halsons. a proper Syncros non-hinged quill stem on it's way, and for now the P2s will go back on the bike. installing a XTR M900 rear mech and canti brakes to match the shifter/brake combo already on the bike.

eventually if i can source a proper matching M900 ront mech and MAYBE crank arms those will be put on. Also really want a Syncros 27.0mm post.

once i get all the bits proper, looking to strip and repaint. still planning black, but white is growing on me as an alt option.

Attachments

• IMG_0961.JPG
    IMG_0961.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 2,307
does anyone know the proper seat clamp/bolt configuration? looks like a couple of hex nuts should be fitted in the holes on both side. :?

Attachments

• IMG_0957.JPG
    IMG_0957.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 2,306
  • IMG_0955.JPG
    IMG_0955.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 2,306
A hex nut goes in on side and the Q/R screws in to that (or a round head bolt)

It's at both sides so you can choose (or more than likely was cheaper to make)

My Fusion came like that, you can have either a hidden bolt setup, a neat Q/R look or just a normal Q/R setup.

You may need to trim the end of the bolt/skewer if you use a hex nut setup. I think mine came the correct length for it.

Back