1992 Rocky Mountain Blizzard

retro or really retro? which one should i pick?

Attachments

• IMG_2583.JPG
    IMG_2583.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 2,164
Well Retro with syncros down the side (shouldn't that be down the back ?) would be the correct one for the year.

Really Retro will put your seat a touch further forward as it's inline, syncros class the newer style as medium layback :roll: assuming you clamp the seat in the same place.

I prefer the really retro for the older style 'look' of bike it going on (mainly due to the reinforced seat clamp band).

yeah i'm leaning towards Really retro. even though it's twice as long (barely fit's down the frame to the length i need, and probably twice as heavy! :shock:

something just looks more "right" about it. ;)

Syncros Revolutions or Syncros Forged??? What do you all think?

Maybe put the Forged on my Merlin project?

Attachments

• IMG_2752.JPG
    IMG_2752.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 2,077
Think the Forged will go on another build and stick with the Revolutions. Got the proper sized Ti BB, thanks to datasurfer. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_2889.JPG
    IMG_2889.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 2,010
another step closer. ;)

6061 or 7075??? :? whichever doesn't go on this, will go on the RM Ti. :D

Attachments

• IMG_4005.JPG
    IMG_4005.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,762
  • IMG_4003.JPG
    IMG_4003.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 1,762
  • IMG_4004.JPG
    IMG_4004.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,762
alright, i've given up the direction that i had long planned for. :twisted:

to probably the approval of most ppl here, all the Syncros bits collected will now be shifted to my RM Ti, which was at the point of near completion. :roll:

the first stone cast for the changing the direction for the Blizzard build was acquiring a set of Tange Struts. steerer is quite long and unfortunately that means i'll probably need extra threading on it to fit my small frame.

2nd item gathered today is a set of Pulstar hubs laced to some Mavic 231 and paired with some Ritchey Megabyte Z-max tyres. :D

RM shoulder holder saddle, XTR M900 front/rear mech, brakes and shifter/levers still remain on this project. XTR M900 crankset will replace the Syncros Revolutions and another (silver) Syncros post will be used in place of the prev one.

stem and handlebar TBD. Temporarily a nice unusual "lightened" Control Tech stem and Answer Hyperlite bar will be used, but may be changed.

my pickle right now is to what threaded headset to use. i have one NOS black XT headset as well as one minty XTR. these will be divided between the Blizzard and the Ti, but i don't know which suites what better.

Attachments

• IMG_0726.JPG
    IMG_0726.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,525
  • IMG_0725.JPG
    IMG_0725.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,525
  • IMG_0730.JPG
    IMG_0730.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,525
  • IMG_0731.JPG
    IMG_0731.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,525
You see, that's the problem living where you seem to fall over quality Canadian goods and high end wares.

Live where I am and these choices are made for you.

FluffyChicken":3sw2nlsg said:
You see, that's the problem living where you seem to fall over quality Canadian goods and high end wares.

Live where I am and these choices are made for you.

:LOL: trust me FC, i've worked HARD to source my goods. and to be honest. not a whole lot has been local. some have been from here on RB and shipped from UK or Europe. Bulk has been US Ebay, and the remainder from westcoast/midwest Canada finds. Only a handful of stuff has truly been "local" purchases.

Mail services has made a good chunk of change from me. Enough to probably fund another complete build! :(

Back