1992 Rocky Mountain Blizzard

no, just the one, the nut is really just replacing the big end part of the quick release.

You don't need any if you don't intend to use it that way, and just using a standard Q/R setup.

P2s are back on the bike. Syncros stem and XTR rear mech in place. Starting to put on the XTR canti's.

Attachments

• IMG_1060.JPG
    IMG_1060.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 2,169
  • IMG_1055.JPG
    IMG_1055.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 2,169
RockiMtn":6vm3y1yx said:
P2s are back on the bike. Syncros stem and XTR rear mech in place. Starting to put on the XTR canti's.
Have you seen the 91 Blizzard on US eBay, sporting a Syncros fork? I think it's the same size frame as yours, so the Syncros steerer would suit your head tube but might not be of similar use to many other bidders. And it wouldn't surprise me if the bike sold for not much more than the value of the fork.

yep, FluffyChicken shot me a PM about it. but thanks for the heads-up!

it's in the US and west coast at that, which is the opposite side of the continent to me. starting bid is $500US, and shipping alone is already $100US for the bike and that's only in US.

granted the forks are probably mint condition, but i can't justify buying the same bike i already have for $600+ for the fork and handlebar, which are the two things i really want off the bike. especially with all the $ i've invested in obtaining and building up the Mongoose Amp.

… maybe if the bike also had the proper matching Syncros seatpost i'd consider it! :roll:

as recommended by FC, put a a bolt and nut into the built in seat clamp. i like the look and it make it very clean! :cool:

also stuck in the 27.0mm Dean Ti post i had originally bought a while back but never thought it was quite right in size cuz it was loose and drop in if i let go without tightening the clamp. but trying a 27.2mm which requires elbow grease to insert made me release i'd mar any nice post i would have with scratches and scuffs in no time.

however i do have to tighten the clamp COMPLETELY to hold the post in place, otherwise it saddle can be pushed and rotated around. should i be concerned?

gave up on the RM branded silver bar. couldn't quite get it into the Syncros stem. and even if i could, it would be partially covered by the overly large bar clamp on the stem! :(

Attachments

• IMG_1064.JPG
    IMG_1064.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 2,113
Syncros? ;)

not sure if i have the right inner spacers and bolts (seems it should be a male/female binder) :?

Attachments

• IMG_2266.JPG
    IMG_2266.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 2,041
  • IMG_2265.JPG
    IMG_2265.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 2,041
  • IMG_2263.JPG
    IMG_2263.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 2,041
  • IMG_2116.JPG
    IMG_2116.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 2,041
GoldenEraMTB":1vfugyi2 said:
RockiMtn":1vfugyi2 said:
K, here's what I invision if I were to repaint the bike. What do you all think?

I like that black with simple white lettering.

I've kind of settled back into painted it all white, including the powerlites and having black lettering. :oops:

just haven't had a chance to mock it up in photoshop. sorta keeping busy with starting another project. ;)

think this early Syncros post will do nicely. Thanks nporternz! ;)

or should i go with the more modern/common one, which i have on it's way to me as well? :twisted:

Attachments

• IMG_2573.JPG
    IMG_2573.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,868
Back