I agree with fguki, please can you start a new thread. I subscribe to this thread and only want to listen to updates to his amazing work of art. Thanks

Namaste from the Himalaya, fguki... really excellent Team Titanium you have upgraded, love it. I don't wish to interrupt but I thought to share the following pics of my 1996 TT bought in '97 in USA. The price was heavily discounted as at that stage I was doing a book on Mountain Bike touring in India.

I still live in India, this bike covered 10,000 miles or so, with carrier rack and noi mechanical issues at all. I am 68 yrs now, and the bike has been wrapped up for about 18 yrs. I need to get it in shape again. Before that I had a 1988 Pine Mountain which also covered big mileage, frame broke eventually. I have been a Marin fan. My major problem is being old and out of touch, advice, sourcing parts and their cost... there is just not the depth in the sport in India, parts, mechanics etc where I can get this done. I also live quite remotely in the mountains.

Frankly I now think it a waste of time to try and keep the bike original, since I can't get the parts, such as the twist shifter's.

A lug on the Rock Shox is bust. I do have replacement forks.
Rear derailleur and sprocket seem fine.

The brakes and shifters should probably be upgraded... though I like the brake levers and they seem fine. Otherwise upgrade to what, I am not sure? Twist shifters seem a thing of the past, though cheaply available Shimano Tourney are out there but only found 3 x 7, not 3 x 8 which is the TT.

If I went for Trigger or Rapidfire shifters, do I need change anything else for compatibility.
Similarly with the brakes, stick with original type Cantilever rim brakes, or upgrade to Dual Pivot, or V-brakes.

Clearly the old girl is in need of TLC, anyway, not wishing to load you or other contributor's with questions, I'll leave it at that. Thanks very much.

Attachments

• DSC03648.JPG
    DSC03648.JPG
    247.8 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC03646.JPG
    DSC03646.JPG
    389.8 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC03644.JPG
    DSC03644.JPG
    311.5 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC03643.JPG
    DSC03643.JPG