1992 Marin Team Issue project

Re:

I'd want that bb out before shelling out for paint. Even if it does work now, and you could refinish around it, you can bet the day after you complete the build it will fail.

These are top frames, so worth doing it right

Try another lbs

Re:

Hi

I Just had a frame refinished and they would not do it with the bb in as the grease seeps out due to the heat involved. I originally left it in to protect the threads . They used a metal plate either side with a bolt through the middle.
Hope you manage to get your bb out

Mike

Re:

Well , it's out.

Not quite how I was hoping , as it is in a million bits.

But it's out ! Need to get the threads chased out to make sure I haven't damaged them and that another BB will go in , then it's off to the powdercoaters !

Nothing's easy is it ?

Re:

Chrome powdercoat.

It's a couple of degrees of shine off real chrome so should replicate the nickel finish pretty well.

I've had the lips on a couple of sets of alloy wheels done in this stuff instead of having them diamond cut , and it looks good , is tough and lasts well.

BJV engineering , who do all our alloy wheels are going to do it for me , so it's a mini road trip to Herts.

Here is a wheel done in 'bright silver' which is their name for it.

http://www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk/imag ... abuslg.jpg

Re:

That'll look nice especially with the fluoro yellow stickers. Looking forward so seeing the frame after coating.

Re:

Cheers !

Need to make sure the threads are ok first , fingers crossed.

It's going to be done with Xt though , not xtr , because I've got most of the bits I need already lol ... Don't shoot me ! :facepalm:

Back