Wanted Marin lite T6 handle bar & 27.0 seat post

leifk

Retro Newbie
Hey,
came across a 1992 Team Issue that I want to bring into original shape. Desperately looking for the T6 handle bar and Marin lite seat post in good condition. Shipping to Germany a must.

Please dig deep and help me making this a happy classic again 🙈😂

Attachments

• IMG_1698.jpeg
    IMG_1698.jpeg
    510.5 KB · Views: 32
Yes, indeed. Actually, the previous owner was as shocked as me when I pulled off a sticker on the upper tube where I felt kind of an empty space. At age 86 he and his wife could not remember where and when this had happened. Total surprise 😮

Got it cheaper than advertised, but could not just leave it there as the parts where really in good condition. Never saw any off-road dirt, but will see at least some trails next spring.

What do you think? Does the dent render the frame worthless or does the completed bike have some value anyway? I could not tear everything apart and sell the parts, would be a shame.

Best regards
Leif

Attachments

• IMG_1705.jpeg
    IMG_1705.jpeg
    251.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1729.jpeg
    IMG_1729.jpeg
    299.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1717.jpeg
    IMG_1717.jpeg
    259.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1718.jpeg
    IMG_1718.jpeg
    331.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1724.jpeg
    IMG_1724.jpeg
    375.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1723.jpeg
    IMG_1723.jpeg
    325.2 KB · Views: 20
I would get it rolled out as best it can be. If it were painted it could have been filled with braze, but that's going to notice!

Structurally its probably weakened the tube a bit, but i would still ride it.

Thanks a lot, never heard about this technique. Really unsure whether this would ruin the nickel plating on this very, very thin tubing. I do not want to ruin the frame as re-painting is not an option. I'd rather live with the dent. Has anyone ever tried this?

Me....i did it on a pine mountain.....but your right, it may rub the nickel.

The tubing is thin, but its do-able.

I need to have a go at this on an old orbit frame I was kaarmed of here (thanks cce). Anyone in Bristol got any blocks I could hire for beer tokens?

Just drilled mine with a correct sized flat hit from screwfix.

Its pretty simple....saw block down middle.....put bits in vice.....drill hole...put blocks on frame and put in vice.....spin.

Got my dent pretty much out, considering it was a big flat dent with a kinda pinch at one end!

1700160236012.png

1700160257230.png

Great job, Tootyred.
Don‘t know yet whether I will be brave enough to give it a try. German Angst 🤯. I guess a new nickel plating is financially prohibitive.

Meanwhile, anybody got a handle bar and seat post for me? 😂

Good night Leif
I have 2 in 27.0 Marin Lite
1 new and the other used with some brand
If you are still interested tell me
a greeting from Spain
Pascual

Back