1992 Klein Adroit redux

Bike arrived tonight. It's in great condition, really underscores how badly faded my old Adroit is. Fairly straight forward build, the only oddity was the freewheel. It appears to be a Dura Ace freewheel with the outer five cogs made of Titanium ala Boone or something like that. Seems like it's original, but it's hard to tell.

DSC_1372-vi.jpg

DSC_1369-vi.jpg

DSC_1370-vi.jpg

Martin,

again, you are one lucky bastard (in a very positive way). But given the time you spent into finding and rebuilding these beauties, i'd say the above mentioned luck of a find is well deserved. The new one looks stunning!

Best

Moritz

mauricer":1g4et0si said:
Martin,

again, you are one lucky bastard (in a very positive way). But given the time you spent into finding and rebuilding these beauties, i'd say the above mentioned luck of a find is well deserved. The new one looks stunning!

Best

Moritz

Agreed...

Boone cogs for sure.
Makes sense then with the DA freewheel.

I kinda like the faded one. The colours blend together better.

Makes me wonder if Klein did it that way or if someone else took a crack at it.

You're welcome to come over and pick it up, it's going in the bin after I remove the fork ;)

mkozaczek":fjzalr3t said:
Makes me wonder if Klein did it that way or if someone else took a crack at it.

You're welcome to come over and pick it up, it's going in the bin after I remove the fork ;)

:shock:

Ha!
I would indeed save that from the bin.

Givin the condition of the bike I'd guess that was a stock factory/or local bike shop build on the freewheel.
Cheaper and probably more reliable to put some Boone cogs on a DA freewheel than to run an aluminum Campy or Suntour freewheel.

Shayne":2z63s4vw said:
I kinda like the faded one. The colours blend together better.
Hmmm... indeed the faded one is not that bad at all!

Just reading this after I saw the photo's on facebook.

Nice story and indeed very lucky!
The UL bike looks stunning just as it is.
Any decisions on the final built yet?
I for sure will get the 93 Attitude as your main ride and save the Adroit for easy Sunday cruisin' .....

@tigern: I ams sure you would like the Gator Adroit in front of you, just to shoot some photo's, right? ;)

Back