1992 GT Karakoram (Tequilla Sunrise) - build start

It should have colour matched stem and forks - it used to look like:

karakoram_switchblades_2_175.jpg

I knew he'd end up owning it at some point... ;)

This one's definitely a 92 which was the first year of the "groove tube" and the last year of the u-brake. In 93 all models switched to the lower profile style Shimano canti's except the 14.5" frames which still required a u-brake for full heel clearance. This one did have a flip flop stem originally. Pic from the 92 catalogue

Attachments

• GT 92er page3.jpg
    GT 92er page3.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 881
gm1230126":2yb981pa said:
This one's definitely a 92 which was the first year of the "groove tube" and the last year of the u-brake. In 93 all models switched to the lower profile style Shimano canti's except the 14.5" frames which still required a u-brake for full heel clearance. This one did have a flip flop stem originally. Pic from the 92 catalogue

Thanks mate, thats really useful.

So, my intended LX/DX mix won't be too far off the original spec :cool:

Looks good with the rigid fork on, but I'd say will be nigh on impossible to find a replacement :roll:

Will stick with the planned Pro-Circuits and maybe a black flip flop ahead stem or Control Tech.

thats gonna be a cool bike jon!
i had a timberline in the white and black crackle, cant remember the year, boy what id do to get that back, it had shimano 500lx gruppo on it i think.....my first proper mountain bike,mmmmmmmm

Back