GT Karakoram 1992 tubing

Seboya

GT Fan
Hi guys! A few months ago I've got a GT Karakoram 1992, tequila sunrise, in mint condition, the seller was looking for a collector to hand over the bike as he really loved it, so... I had to take it, for sure you understand.
Long story short: I can see the stiker "True Temper" on the bike but the catalog says Tange MTB double butted...
I can assure the bike wasn't repainted and the decals are those from factory. Is this also happening with the Richter 8.0 1992?
20230930_193119.jpg

The 92 Karakoram had Tru Temper GTX tubing, I have a Black paint one with the same tubes...you cn just about see the sticker in the pic below... I think that was the only year and I'm not sure why. I actually really like the ride they give FWIW :)
You Tequila Sunrise looks in excellent condition - they are prone to fading , but your paint looks fabulous!! IMG_3410.jpeg

Wow! That looks like it's in amazing condition. It looks like it's lived a very sheltered life! Lucky you. Yep True Temper Tubing, GT had moved from Tange to True Temper in 1992. Spotted that error in the catalogue too. Maybe a typo, but catalogues can have the specs not quite 100% right...

Wow! That looks like it's in amazing condition. It looks like it's lived a very sheltered life! Lucky you. Yep True Temper Tubing, GT had moved from Tange to True Temper in 1992. Spotted that error in the catalogue too. Maybe a typo, but catalogues can have the specs not quite 100% right...
Thanks @27for your answer, totally agreed about the reliability of catalogues. Just found another image saying it's true temper. Cheers!

GT_Richter_8_0_1992er.jpg

The 92 Karakoram had Tru Temper GTX tubing, I have a Black paint one with the same tubes...you cn just about see the sticker in the pic below... I think that was the only year and I'm not sure why. I actually really like the ride they give FWIW :)
You Tequila Sunrise looks in excellent condition - they are prone to fading , but your paint looks fabulous!!View attachment 812320
Thanks again PhillB! Yours looks great as well!

You Tequila Sunrise looks in excellent condition - they are prone to fading , but your paint looks fabulous!!View attachment 812320
I think the reason why was because the Groove Tube was made from True Temper. The 1993 Richter 8.0 kept the GTX top tube but the rest was changed for Prestige Concept.

Back