1992 Diamondback Apex - back to the future

mamadirt":1mgk4dzu said:
.......Gotta let it go now as I've dropped the cash on a(nother) new bike....

:LOL:

minor_LEGEND":1h0xsvgo said:
I was watching the wheels, so possibly tempted, though I'd need a DB frame (in my size) to slot them in.......
Sorry about that...

But in my defence, I've got 2 DBs from 91 (Apex and Axis), 1 from 92 (Axis) and 1 from 93 (Apex - although I don't know what wheels the 93 Apex ran) (not to mention the 2 x 95 Apex). And currently only 2 complete (ready to use) pairs of these Avenir / Sun wheels (on my 91 bikes) - so am always on the lookout for a good set.

mamadirt":1q5777hr said:
Ah, wheels are already sold sorry. I'll be listing the frame and parts tomorrow though. Gotta let it go now as I've dropped the cash on a(nother) new bike. I'll be back . . . ;)
I was half tempted when I saw it originally listed. Strong price, but then it does look in nice condition, and they don't often come up in the smaller sizes.

Might have been a bit on the small side for me, though, so I was only watching it with half an eye. And now, although it is very tempting, I have my hands full - but good luck with your sale, hope it finds a happy new owner.

And FWIW I quite like how you had it built up, including - perhaps especially - the tyres. Personally, I'm not much of a traditionalist when it comes to tyres, and there was something about them that went well with the whole Diamondback brand.

Also, your choice of brake levers was the inspiration behind a pair I bought for adding brakes to a recent brakeless BMX purchase.

Yes, I think I will list it as a part build Neil, as I know if I have even a brakeset left over I shall be tempted to start all over again with something else (my XC 650b build is taking all my cash right now :roll: ). The tyres are already on the 'Bay with a couple of bids.

I have to be honest, I know I paid a lot and I'm not expecting to recoup my cash but it has been an enjoyable build and that's all that matters to me. I build/part-build many little bikes and frames, some make it to test-ride, some don't, but I love what I do despite never making a bean out of it. It's all good! :cool:

mamadirt":34efhhdv said:
Yes, I think I will list it as a part build Neil, as I know if I have even a brakeset left over I shall be tempted to start all over again with something else (my XC 650b build is taking all my cash right now :roll: ). The tyres are already on the 'Bay with a couple of bids.

I have to be honest, I know I paid a lot and I'm not expecting to recoup my cash but it has been an enjoyable build and that's all that matters to me. I build/part-build many little bikes and frames, some make it to test-ride, some don't, but I love what I do despite never making a bean out of it. It's all good! :cool:

How much exactly is a lot? How much did you pay? Was it for the whole bike or just the frame?
Note: im just trying to learn

Oh gosh now you've asked me something - it was 2 years ago :shock:
IIRC I think I paid around £70-80 for just the frame and forks, maybe even more, but they were in near perfect condition and I'm a sucka for a tiny frame :facepalm:

Hey mamadirt! Im able to get one whole 1992 Diamondback apex for £100 , but its too big for me, i believe it is a 22", and im 5'11"
Thats my question in my recent thread, i think im gonna have to let it pass :(
Thank you very much for your time and answers!

Aw that's a shame - they did seem to make 'em huge back in the day :LOL: which is why I was so happy to overspend once I found a tiny one.

Back