1992 pint-sized GT Tequesta

mamadirt

Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Well this is a cute little thing ☺️

IMG_E0337.JPG

. . . and even better is the fact that it is the exact same colour (albeit in a slightly better frameset) as my first proper MTB build (1992 Diamondback Camarillo built up with Scott Unishocks . . . and a Flexstem - overkill I know 😂 ). Looking forward to attempting to recreate something similar (although I guess the white Porc and Brodie booster may pose a few problems 💸 )

Attachments

• IMG_E0338.JPG
    IMG_E0338.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 40
It was originally a 100GS equipped Dawes Zed ladies bike which was upgraded one piece at a time as funds allowed - a fun journey though. The Diamondback frame cost me £100 from Heffs Bike Shop in Middlesex back when you had to send off a cheque and wait what seemed like years for the parcel to arrive.

good luck with the tyres, at least the boosters come up quite regular :)

👍 After the Porcs I used to run a white Psycho on the front - prob just as difficult to get hold of now but I've managed to find a blue Kenda (Psycho copy) so that'll take care of the front end . . . for now.

Coming along nicely - I'm super-keen to get this up and running so the build replication will be a long-term project and in the meantime I'll fit what I have. Spotted a pair of white Unishocks on the 'bay but I draw the line at paying over £200 for a pogo stick 😂

IMG_E0371.JPG

The frame was missing it's rear brake guide but it seems to work fine with no rubbing with a straight straddle cable rather than the cross-over with the guide. Pretty pleased to find my old X-Lite seat bolt in the tool box too - win!

I've picked up a set of 400LX cranks with biopace rings and 400LX front and rear mechs so they'll be cleaned up and fitted this weekend. Just waiting on a canti hanger for the front brake and we should be good to go ☺️

Attachments

• IMG_E0372.JPG
    IMG_E0372.JPG
    404.7 KB · Views: 6
All done and managed to fit in a shakedown ride between the showers. Super-pleased with how it's turned out - I think it'll be my daily rider and I'll swap and add bits from my history pic as and when they become available 🤞

IMG_E0382.JPG

Pleased to find a couple of SRP crank caps in the old toolbox too - shame they're not purple but hey . . .

Attachments

• IMG_E0373.JPG
    IMG_E0373.JPG
    504.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_E0391.JPG
    IMG_E0391.JPG
    474.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_E0393.JPG
    IMG_E0393.JPG
    621.8 KB · Views: 9
Thank you 👍

Couldn't resist a little bit more bling ✨ and the original jockey was super-worn anyway. Pain in the ass to fit though as being a more modern part it needed spacer washers to fit the 7 speed mech. Just needs a purple cable anchor nut now 👌

IMG_E0400.JPG

Latest posts

Back