1992 Claud Butler Antaeus 653 Magnum FINISHED

Re: Claud Butler Antaeus 653 - 3 times a lady

Retro Spud":1o9w7iab said:
My eyes .....jesus they're bright

Will look great on your build

:cool: Yup.....shades/sun block/welding shields are gonna be required at MM. I think the rear brake leaver might be a little more sun kissed than the rest, but all should be a pretty close match to the frame colour.

Just got the frame back from Gil at Retrodecals he has all the info he needs, now its off to Powder & Paint for a white coat then flurescent red and a top coat of clear. :p

PeachyPM":2r4n7l2w said:
Just won these, possibly paid too much and yes they are a little younger than my Anty...... but ooooh they’re gonna look good! :cool:

I have them also and used them for many years. Rock solid, very good function, easy repair!

kraeMit":2yudfihr said:
PeachyPM":2yudfihr said:
Just won these, possibly paid too much and yes they are a little younger than my Anty...... but ooooh they’re gonna look good! :cool:

I have them also and used them for many years. Rock solid, very good function, easy repair!

:cool: Ausgezeichnet, vielen Dank.

Most of the XT budget went out the window when I bought the “John Tomac” Magura HS33 rim brakes, but I’ve still had a few pennies to spend on some silly bits like a reasonably priced M736 head set as that will be front of house and a NOS M730 shark blade chain deflector…just cause it looks cool :cool: file-116.jpeg

Last edited:

PeachyPM":15g6bazj said:
drcarlos":15g6bazj said:
Brakes won't fit as the standard kit is magura (I assume you have those??) and there are no guides for cantis. Like wise the STi's, it also had thumbies as standard.

Carl.

Hello Carl, so I have to admit, I’m at the very bottom of a steep learning curve when it comes to MTB’s :facepalm:

Just PM’d you regarding the brakes.

And can you give us a steer regarding correct thumbies?

Cheers,
Chris

Brakes look great and should fit nicely with the paint job.

As for thumbies there: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shimano-Deor ... SwCMVbu7EC are what you are looking for.

Carl.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just browsing the for sales as you do and stumbled upon this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=373826
I don't know if you have wheels but this guy has a set of Wolber AT18's on DX hubs for sale. The AT18 was the OEM rim on this and rarer than the Mavic and Campag rims. DX hubs are not correct but unless you look closely you'll never tell and functionally they are as good.

Carl.

I have a NOS MT 60 Deore front hub sitting here if that's correct.

Jamie

Cheers Guys, I’ve got a XT set of hubs, rear & front mechs, seat post and thumbies sorted/on there way,
Nearly got the crank set and pedals I wanted on here but too many days and PM’s so I got bored...... and pulled out, just lost faith in the seller, and think I’ll just use the LX stuff I have for now and get some mint stuff in the new year.

I do have the original Venhill bar ends here and the original back wheel

I may have to be bribed with something or other

legrandefromage":1ebmrgfj said:
I do have the original Venhill bar ends here and the original back wheel

I may have to be bribed with something or other

Oh yes please to the bar ends..... PM me the butchers bill! :)

& you can have first guest ride at MM....

Sorted for wheels....

Back