1992 Chas Roberts D.O.G.S B.O.L.X

few more bits arrived today:

NOS ritchey tires
NOS ritchey saddle
27mm/400mm seatpost

wasted no time in getting the tires and seat mounted, and also stripped the M900 crank for the 34t ring to go on when that gets here.

frame is due tomorrow :cool:

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

bars and brake levers arrived today, as im sat waiting for the frame to arrive and my other bike..........bloody postal services.......i done a quick build of the controls.

IMG_0567.jpg

been on a lads holiday to blackpool the last few days and was wondering if the frame would ever turn up.........turns out the courier dropped it off at a neighbours house but never carded me to say they had!

was sat in there hallway for a few days while i worried it could of been lost!

anyway, drama over, and i made the most of the weather today to get a build together.

i noticed the BB would have to be changed as the single speed crank wouldnt enjoy a 125mm spindle, a spare 110mm was on hand though......and i had to pop into the LBS to get them to have a go at removing it, it was stuck fast and i couldnt find a long bar to shift it.

anyway, heres whats been done so far, just needs cables and a few set up adjustments. size is fine thankfully. cant wait to ride it outside of the garden!

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

quick spec list:

Frame: 16.5'' CR dogs bolx

Fork: CR

Stem: zoom 1'' quill
Handlebar: ritchey
Grips: ritchey foam
Barends: onza l bends

Brakes: suntour xc cantis
Brake Pads: suntour
Brake Levers: dia-compe ss-5 mk2

Chain: currently 8sp/bmx chain to add
Cranks: m900 xtr
Chainrings: surly 34t stainless steel
Chainring bolts: stonglight SS
Bottom Bracket: shimano 110mm/68mm

Hubs: white industries eno
Tyres: ritchey alfabite 2.1
Tubes: continental

Saddle: ritchey
Seatpost: 27.0 sytem ex

Weight: 23.4lbs

the dogs

.......simple and elegant, i really hope to hear more on how you find the ride...... :cool:

Looks really good :cool:

Those levers were a good choice ;) :D

Back