New British build - D.O.G.S. B.O.L.X. FINISHED Pics P7-8

Re: Re:

Bollox64":1s3og2kd said:
mfhxgram":1s3og2kd said:
very nice - like the British theme on this - whats the frame sizes on this one?

Thanks! - not 100% sure on the frame size. Possibly 17" -18". It feels similar in size to my now departed S/M Yo Eddy.

Those skewers will fit the build like they were made for it ;) and the bike looks so much more at home outside :) and i take it the bb wasn't done up propperly then due to your eagerness of wanting to see what the frame looked like with the crankset fitted ;) which i bet many a Retrobiker has slipped up like that and that includes me :facepalm: any way still loving this amazing machine and i'd just love the chance of a quick ride on it if it were possible ..

Tip top! :cool: You're welcome for the tip on the Fred Salmon skewers; I stumbled across them and thought of this build.

Looks the dog's bollovks!

Muddy paw":1zou1x8n said:
So how well does it ride then ..

Very nicely, though I need to swap out the soft bumpers for medium - I had 8mm travel on the ride :shock:

Swedish trails can be very "rooty" because of all the coniferous trees - but at least I got to train my skills.

When the trail smoothes out a bit - it's well fast, and climbing slick-rock it's better than modern bikes :D

Well it all seems quite peachy from what you say but yes the last lot of suspension forks i rode on were way to soft which imo leaves the steering feeling a bit dead so putting medium bumpers in should do the trick although climbing slick rock might not be as quite as controlable when you change the bumpers but you won't really know of course until you've had another ride after changing the bumpers ..

Back