1992 cannondale m800 beast of the east PIC HEAVY

Tim I thought I should comment about this Tim you have done a subtile and classy build, I hope your pleased with the purple canti I sold you they really set the bike off.

Although all the purple parts are nice :)

Anyway another lovely Retrobike, Im not particularly a fan of cannondales, but I like yours lots.

BTW If you could leave me some feedback for the canti it would be good.

Well done, Passiflora

Cheers passiflora, im torn between your coda cantis (which are correct spec look nice and work really well) i also have some cylindery type ones on the way.... Feedback left matey thanks for the cams wasnt expecting those!!

Re the force 40 cams yep seem to work really well! Im quite surprised how well thr cantis work generally tbh. I wasnt expecting much, in fact i was ecpecting a drop in power, but they feel pretty powerful.

Hi love the pics, great rebuild. Does it have a 1.25inch headset? If so, where did you get it? I've been searching everywhere for one, and I'm getting desparate!!!

Any help would be welcome.

Mauhum

So, I'm sorry, but it's not a "Beast of the East frame". It's a classic 3.0 frame but in small 15" size (the size is written on the serial number under the stays : you should read 15 for the first number).
For a Beast of the East frame, your BB have to be higher, and the stays are quite horizontal from the ground. Yours are too sloping.
So, It couldn't be a M800 or M600.
On other hand, I dn't know if the groupo is original : if it was the suntour XC comp MD, your bike was a M1000 ;)

Good idea for the decal, but what a pity for a modern design style.
I've got the pepperoni and 92 iluustrator file if you need.

24pouces":3ez3sawf said:
So, I'm sorry, but it's not a "Beast of the East frame". It's a classic 3.0 frame but in small 15" size (the size is written on the serial number under the stays : you should read 15 for the first number).
For a Beast of the East frame, your BB have to be higher, and the stays are quite horizontal from the ground. Yours are too sloping.
So, It couldn't be a M800 or M600.
On other hand, I dn't know if the groupo is original : if it was the suntour XC comp MD, your bike was a M1000 ;)

Good idea for the decal, but what a pity for a modern design style.
I've got the pepperoni and 92 iluustrator file if you need.

I was just about to make the same comment about the model. I had a '94 M600 that I initially thought was an M800 due to the sloping top tube (it was an 18" frame and only the M600 and M800 had sloping top tubes in '94), but the BB height is a dead giveaway. Are you saying this one isn't an M600, either?

hmmm you sure?

the guy i bought it from was the original owner, he was adamant it was a m800 beast, although he couldnt quite remember the year...

anyhoo frame number is 51502926160 on the right stay there is B1-039

is it possible to tell from the frame number definitively what it is?

cheers

tim

Why not send the numbers to Cannondale themselves, and see if they can shed any light on it.

Back