1992 BikeTech Hikari team rebuild

Thanks for your comments.
Are you both talking about the last pic with the riserbar?

I already tried the fork without traveling down. But that rises the angle of the steering tube too much. Do you think that a shorter stem would cope for that?

I'm not convinced of that fork, too. But they are red, so what can you do? :roll:

Re:

I am, 50 or 60mm is o my a long travel original fork (say a Mag21) or the standard original Judy lengths.

Saying that one of my bikes (91 altitude) didn't like 60mm Judys, but oddly really likes rigid of the same length. The rest is the same setup.

Try a shorter stem, though risers make a stem effectively shorter anyway.

Those forks would be 80 or 100mm originaly?

At 60mm don't forget to sag the forks as well.

After some quite some time I came back to this project.
I found myself a nice Atac stem and had to try it on that bike. Changed the fork, also. Sadly, the Hügi-hub does not fit into the fork, so I had to use some other wheel, I had laying around (WhiteIndustries on Mavic :D )

What do you guys think of that fork/stem/bar-combo on that frame?

Another quick pic:

Yesterday I spent an hour to clean the XTR-rear wheel and the (colorwise hamonizing) WhiteInd. front wheel. Some 2.35 Conti Vertical Pros for the brown walls. Did not like the "rooted" spokes on that bike somehow.
But now I find the seat post to be too much silver... :facepalm:

Thanks! Finding such bikes and reviving them, thats the best part of that hobby for me. :D

Heres the black seatpost (it is too small in dameter, I would have to buy a shim...)

What do you recon? Worth the change?

Back