1991 Rocky Mountain Cirrus

Re:

Cheers Shutter. Yes, the one with "no hole" is the first gen but I was curious about time lines for the two stems. I don't know when they were introduced as aftermarket or oem.

shutter":15qq8rcm said:
RockiMtn":15qq8rcm said:
from my understanding, only possible DeKerf welded Blizzard were the 93 models. all the rest are Toyo welded in Japan (includes Cirrus/Experience). RMs that were homegrown were Altitude and up.

The 1994 blizzard was also done with Dekerf. There were a number of others like the 1992 steel vertex that were done here in Canada. I had this confirmed by the person who actually welded up my 1992 vertex at Rocky Mountain (he still works there)

do you actually have confirmation that 94 Blizzards were DeKerf? fairly sure they were Toyo made, as they were practically the same frame continuing into 95 and that they have the standard Toyo serials on the BB shell.

i know the 92 vertex was Canadian made steel frame, but as it only ran one year i didn't bother mentioning it as it was a one off. i'm sure there prob one or two others.

as for Syncros stems, i can confirm the early versions with the stem cap came on early Cirrus frames so they were at least up to 91 I would say. RM catalogue for 92 shows the Altitude with the slant top Syncros stem, and the Cirrus (perhaps older pic) still with the stem cap version.

RockiMtn":46xvinpc said:
shutter":46xvinpc said:
RockiMtn":46xvinpc said:
from my understanding, only possible DeKerf welded Blizzard were the 93 models. all the rest are Toyo welded in Japan (includes Cirrus/Experience). RMs that were homegrown were Altitude and up.

The 1994 blizzard was also done with Dekerf. There were a number of others like the 1992 steel vertex that were done here in Canada. I had this confirmed by the person who actually welded up my 1992 vertex at Rocky Mountain (he still works there)

do you actually have confirmation that 94 Blizzards were DeKerf? fairly sure they were Toyo made, as they were practically the same frame continuing into 95 and that they have the standard Toyo serials on the BB shell.

i know the 92 vertex was Canadian made steel frame, but as it only ran one year i didn't bother mentioning it as it was a one off. i'm sure there prob one or two others.

as for Syncros stems, i can confirm the early versions with the stem cap came on early Cirrus frames so they were at least up to 91 I would say. RM catalogue for 92 shows the Altitude with the slant top Syncros stem, and the Cirrus (perhaps older pic) still with the stem cap version.

I sent in a general inquiry to Rocky Mountain and they passed my list of bikes along to someone in the shop who had worked there for many many years. He said that the 1994 blizzard was a joint project with Dekerf. He also said that the 1992 vertex (and I believe 1991 summit) were made in Canada. He said he welded up the vertex. I'll have to dig up the email. If you ever want to know just ask... They got back to me within a couple days, very nice.

The steel Vertex should have had the Altitude decals put on it instead of the Altitude frame they released. That Vertex is tops.

I've never heard of 94 Blizzards being welded in Canada before.

BC":27wn41of said:
The steel Vertex should have had the Altitude decals put on it instead of the Altitude frame they released. That Vertex is tops.

I agree on the vertex, love mine

For the 1994 vertex I'm going by what they person at Rocky Mountain told me. They were spot on with all their other facts so I assume they were correct on the 94 blizzard as well. Question, everyone is so sure they were Toyo built, how can you be sure of that? Is that written in any literature?

Mmmmm vertex, here's mine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 648
BC":2can5q1n said:

I agree with Shutter and the response from Rocky about the 94 Blizzard, mine has the sticker "Hand built in Canada" and the serial number is BLZ####. The 93 and 94 Blizzards were the only ones to get these decals on the top tube.

As for the 92 Vertex vs the 92 Altitude...Both were great bikes! I like the classic look of the wishbone seat stay and the red/yellow paint on the Altitude. The steel Vertex came in both black or the blue similar to Shutter's. I've got one of the black ones and it's not nearly as nice looking, but the frame is super light and is nicely welded (in Canada).

Good to see the Cirrus coming together! If you need a longer 1st gen Syncros stem for it, I've got a 140mm and looking to swap it for a 130mm. :)

Attachments

• 94bliz.jpg
    94bliz.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 635
Blizz":11js6bem said:
BC":11js6bem said:

I agree with Shutter and the response from Rocky about the 94 Blizzard, mine has the sticker "Hand built in Canada" and the serial number is BLZ####. The 93 and 94 Blizzards were the only ones to get these decals on the top tube.

As for the 92 Vertex vs the 92 Altitude...Both were great bikes! I like the classic look of the wishbone seat stay and the red/yellow paint on the Altitude. The steel Vertex came in both black or the blue similar to Shutter's. I've got one of the black ones and it's not nearly as nice looking, but the frame is super light and is nicely welded (in Canada).

Good to see the Cirrus coming together! If you need a longer 1st gen Syncros stem for it, I've got a 140mm and looking to swap it for a 130mm. :)

Ditto! Here's my top tube =)

Attachments

• _DSC5582_zpsa8035d80.jpg
    _DSC5582_zpsa8035d80.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 634
Blizz":344bj21j said:

I love the Vertex. It's my go-to bike! :D Here's mine...
15118668082_56e00f9f16_o.jpg

Yes, totally would be interested in a trade! I'd love a 150 even.

Sweet sweet Vertex, shutter. Not keen on the forks though to be honest. Thanks for the Blizzard info too! That's really cool. Cheers, E

Re:

What exactly does "Built" mean ?? I think it means put together,,Not saying these Blizzards were not made in Canada,,but stickers can be a bit vague,ofter on purpose..like this sticker on a Hammer,NOT made in Canada.

Attachments

• hammer 001.JPG
    hammer 001.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 618
Re: Re:

mrdryskull":4c7d2trd said:
What exactly does "Built" mean ?? I think it means put together,,Not saying these Blizzards were not made in Canada,,but stickers can be a bit vague,ofter on purpose..like this sticker on a Hammer,NOT made in Canada.

Good point... Hmmm

Back