1991 Raleigh Peak, & 1991 Raleigh Ravine Latest..

lincs90smtb

Raleigh Fan
Evening all,

In my MTB collection, I have this 1991 Raleigh Peak, which im considering giving a modern twist over winter.

Im looking at going down the 1 x 9 set up, so really, my question is:

What parts do I need to look at getting in for me to do this?

Just after some advice before I start spending the £!

Thanks, Steve

Attachments

• Raleigh Peak.jpg
    Raleigh Peak.jpg
    901.4 KB · Views: 41
Hi, nice looking frame. If it’s a seven speed a nine speed cassette won’t fit straight on. You’ll have to change the rear wheel/hub or maybe freehub. That’s probably your biggest headache. Those cranks will take a single narrow/wide chainring and then it’s just a suitable mech and shifter.
Good luck and keep us posted. 👍

Hi, nice looking frame. If it’s a seven speed a nine speed cassette won’t fit straight on. You’ll have to change the rear wheel/hub or maybe freehub. That’s probably your biggest headache. Those cranks will take a single narrow/wide chainring and then it’s just a suitable mech and shifter.
Good luck and keep us posted. 👍
Thank for that I was going to go down the new BB, crankk route etc, but may save a bit doing it that way instead.

I think I will get some new wheels built up for this one, and get a suitable hub etc.

Im 99% sure it is, but I didnt think its was the right size to take an 8 or 9?
Sorry I’m full of cold and not entirely thinking before typing! Think I’m actually wrong but I’ve got that idea from somewhere so watch this space and I’m sure someone will be along to explain. I even had to go out to the garage and try it myself. Apologies!

Sorry I’m full of cold and not entirely thinking before typing! Think I’m actually wrong but I’ve got that idea from somewhere so watch this space and I’m sure someone will be along to explain. I even had to go out to the garage and try it myself. Apologies!
Thats OK! I thought I was the incorrect one!

Back