1991 Litespeed Mountain Titanium

Surely it's a 170? Certainly it's the longest I've ever seen on a Litespeed and 170 was the longest they made them in.

Essentially the speed of the steering is supposed to vary proportionately to the distance from the plane of the steerer to the line between the grips (so bar sweep comes into it, as well as stem length). That's why the stem length should be matched to the head angle. The classic 71 degree head angle that these bikes had seems to work best with a stem of 12-13cm, and the longer the stem gets past that point, the slower the steering will become.

Obviously you have a strong point about your personal comfort, which is extremely important. I would say though that if you need that kind of length then maybe you would be better off with a bigger frame and a shorter stem, but then bikes as good as that one don't exactly grow on trees, do they?

I would also have to acknowledge that many contributors to this site have way more skill than I do, and the more skill you have the better able you are to make a slow-steering bike turn well. I couldn't do it, but if you can then every respect to you.

GT-Steve":2b1m9p2q said:
I have an arm span of 6'8" tip-tip, so enjoy a stem that's longer than average... but then what exactly is 'average' ??

long arms long stem :LOL:

Top bike this love the look of it Steve.

At the end of the day you have built it to suit your style of riding and your size ;) ;)

:cool: very nice build! only issue is you need to reign in all that extra cable housing used on the front end. :shock:

Vury vury nace. :D :D

loose the DEAN post. I think even a no name brand plain jane Ti seatpost would look better.

Sweet fork. I wasn't aware Litespeed made a rigid Ti fork. Can you tell us anything about it? Years it was made? history? etc

Cheers

Back