1991 Litespeed Mountain Titanium

Wowzer, that is sweet!

If I was being massively picky I am not so keen on the colourful DEAN graffics of the post, plain old ti Use (or similar!) I reckon.

But that is picky for such a sweet ride. :cool:

GT-Steve":2p5voy0j said:
91_Litespeed_Ti001.jpg

mmm, creamy.

GT-Steve":2p5voy0j said:

ohhh, classy.

I'll go with classy or creamy this time. Nice work. Only things I'd change are the seat post, (every now and then a litespeed ti post pops up; keep a look out), and yea, swap out the cable housings for black ones, that are a bit shorter all around. Otherwise, beautiful.
Oh, and Mike is right, my Turbo GEL with neon yellow would look fantastic on it.

Maybe we can work something out involving your creamy flite :D ;)
would've made a deal with you for the grey one had I known about the creamy flite while I still had the grey one.

rumpfy":2ka8edvd said:
Hence the mismatched housing out back. :p

Glad someone noticed, I spent hours looking for the matching rear I had (pre-cut sizes) ;) but to no avail..

the_duke":2ka8edvd said:
Wowzer, that is sweet!

If I was being massively picky I am not so keen on the colourful DEAN graffics of the post, plain old ti Use (or similar!) I reckon.

But that is picky for such a sweet ride. :cool:

Cheers Luke... :cool:

The seatpost is a DEAN item, as 27.0mm Litespeeds really only ever come up very infrequently. The DEAN decals were totally knackered so thought I'd use the opportunity to renovate.. :cool:

GoldenEraMTB":2ka8edvd said:
I'll go with classy or creamy this time. Nice work. Only things I'd change are the seat post, (every now and then a litespeed ti post pops up; keep a look out), and yea, swap out the cable housings for black ones, that are a bit shorter all around. Otherwise, beautiful.
Oh, and Mike is right, my Turbo GEL with neon yellow would look fantastic on it.

Maybe we can work something out involving your creamy flite :D ;)
would've made a deal with you for the grey one had I known about the creamy flite while I still had the grey one.

Thanks Rob.. :cool:

Yeah I've been looking for a 27.0 Litespeed post for a while now, so I'll just keep my eyes open....

As for the Saddle, I'm not the biggest fan of the Gel Turbo, I'm sure it'd look great but in a desperate move to maintain bravado, I'm gonna stick with the 'comfy' :oops: Flite...

As for the cream Flite, I've got loads of colours, but couldn't be bothered to list them all to you the other day, just the basics to see if it'd prick your ears up... :cry:

coomber":15k47w5b said:
I prefer the black.

That is a very nice bike I have to say. So with this built is the other ti taking a back seat?

Agree. tasty mtb

GT-Steve":3jkrdqfx said:
Gibble - The stem's not overly long.
With all due respect, surely it is overly long. I appreciate the reason for wanting to use a Litespeed part, but that stem is massive and combined with a standard 71 degree head angle, it has to give poor steering compared to a shorter stem.

As I understand it, the reason why mtb used such massive stems in the first place was because designers still had a road mentality and designed for head-down charging where sharp turns weren't part of the equation. And the reason why mtb soon stopped using such long stems was that sharp turns are part of the equation off-road and people realised that wasn't a good way to ride.

Great example aside from that. For once, I prefer the showy look to the plain look in this case.

Its a freakishly long 135-140mm c-c. and it came as part of the frame package. Seemed silly not to have it really. Apart from my Fisher AL-1, all my stems on my bikes are 135-150mm.

I have an arm span of 6'8" tip-tip, so enjoy a stem that's longer than average... but then what exactly is 'average' ??

Back