1991 Kona Lavadome project

Just a tiny weenie update.

I've just fitted this Kona O-Beam seatpost to replace the previous black one. Think it looks pretty cool on the bike.

PB030001.jpg

PB030003.jpg

That's it ! You can go back to whatever you were doing :roll:

Steve.

Looks great Steve, I think you need a Kona Race Light bar now. Err if you need one...cough cough...signature. ;)

I'll go back to my G&T now and the wish that I hadn't stripped and sold mine. Sniff.

Great photos, can't wait to see the finished item.
I,m doing a similar thing to a 95 Hahanna, you may find it pretty hard sourcing some original gear but this site is a gold mine for bits!

can't wait to see the finished item.

:LOL: What do you mean "finished". It was finished a while ago but you know what it's like. Just can't stop tinkering with the damned thing! I see a new shiny bit and before you can say singletrack i've hit the bloody 'buy it now' button :roll:

Looking for a tasty Flite saddle and a set of better pedals to really, really, really finish it off ;)

Steve.

Could I ask how you attached the Kona sticker back onto the bars :?: The paint was chipped on my bars years ago & have the cateye comp covering it :LOL: but after seeing your polished bars i'm thinking of stripping the paint off & polishing them up

The sticker literally fell of when stripping the bike down originally. So I thought i'd keep it and try to re-attach it at some stage.

I work with aircraft and found a tin of contact adhesive at work used for sticking bits back onto planes :shock: Very gingerly applied a bit to the sticker (thinking it would melt away!) and voila, it worked. I presume any good contact adhesive or similar would work as long as the bar surface is thoroughly clean.

It's not perfect but it does look original enough.

Back