1991 Brodie Catalyst

Lovely, lovely bike! I have a lowly NOS Kinetic frame and fork waiting patiently in its box to be built up... (along with a not so NOS RM Cirrus and Summit) Canadian frames, by and large, are the business, for sure!

Mr K

Very nice indeed :D

For my taste though, I would change that stem. The bike looks lovely with delicate thin tube frame fork and cranks and then the syncros stem just looks too heavy.

Easy_Rider":3en34oic said:
Very nice indeed :D

For my taste though, I would change that stem. The bike looks lovely with delicate thin tube frame fork and cranks and then the syncros stem just looks too heavy.

Yes, I see what you mean... I thought that it was Syncros or nothing back in the early 90's. I'm a bit constrained by the 1" steerer tube, but any suggestions? Like the Gatorblade, I foolishly got rid of the Brodie stem in 1992... argh.
J

Very nice! I love the colour.
I quite like the Syncros stem, but would suggest that black might be better....I think that there is a 1" cattleprod on ebay right now.

canuckinboston":39uuymtc said:
Very nice! I love the colour.
I quite like the Syncros stem, but would suggest that black might be better....I think that there is a 1" cattleprod on ebay right now.

I still have a 1" black cattleprod that I originally put on the bike, but it is an incredible 180mm long. It looks good, but I'm too old to be stretched out that far anymore, so I switched to a 120mm, perhaps the one on ebay is shorter! Just checked out that catalyst of yours.... beautiful, and love the forks and stem!

Back