1991/92 Team Marin ?

xesun":24u17az7 said:
Hi,

I have this team marin, not sure if it's a 91/92 model?

Anyway, I have been thinking of restoring it for commuter rides but the frame size is a little on the large side and I end up having to stretch a far bit, ending with backaches on longer rides.

Does anyone know this bike can be fitted with a quill adaptor so that I could use those modern stems / handlebars to reduce the reach from saddle to handlebar? I saw there are two types of adaptors: 1" to 1 1/8 " & 1 1/8" to 1 1/8" , any idea which is the one to get?

The RST front sus is a goner, half sunken in...will need to find appropriate fork to replace also..any suggestions?

Any advise is appreciated!

Cheers.

That's the thing with the early 90's hi-end Marins... really long top tubes!! It makes you feel like you've been whacked in the back with a baseball bat after a longish ride.

A couple of things i have done to a couple of mine is fit period correct suspension forks i.e. Manitou 2 or 3's which have short travel but lift the front enough to make it comfortable and don't mess up the geometry. Again, inline seatpost to bring you a bit forward and finally a quill stem with comfortable rise makes all the difference.

Back